43

"I want to go to the mall," Jina says to Kun the next day. Yesterday night, Chenle and Mark eventually came over and they had dinner together and watched movies as if they were high schoolers again. She didn't have much time to talk to her partners but all night she began to form question after question.

So, with the help of Kun, he brought an outfit that looked brand new, she squinted her eyes at the outfit.

"There's no way I'm wearing that," she shook her head.

"I'm afraid you have no choice. This will be your first sight in public."

"But it's not like anyone knows me," she whined like a child, Kun was in disbelief.

"Jeno's father is well known amongst conglomerates and billionaires, your marriage may have been private but everyone who's connected to Jeno's family will pay attention to you too," he says hanging the White mini dress that came with a fluffy and extravagant white coat and stockings on the changing rack.

Never in her life did Jina think she'd have a personal Butler let alone one that did her hair or makeup. She stared in the mirror in disbelief.

"I look... unreal. What did you do?"

"I simply accentuated your features. Soft blush, plum-colored lips, and light pink eye makeup suit you a lot."

"You're a genius, Mr.Qian!" She grinned as she marveled at the little details. The high heels she was given to wear were a bit difficult to walk in, so she switched to more bearable pumps. He gave her a Prada purse that almost had her eyeballs fall off.

"Where did this come from?!" She turned it around to check for the price.

"This is also from Jeno."

"When did he have the time to buy this? Are there more surprises he didn't tell me about?"

Kun nods. "He bought a few items for you last night, they were stored away in your closet this morning. You probably missed them."

"That Puppy shouldn't waste his money— hey, what happens if I accidentally get this dirty? Would I get a refund if I demanded it? How much do you think this costs? Because anything over a thousand is crazy Blah blah blah"

The more and more Kun got to know her the more surprised he was. He respected Jeno, he'd known him for years so when he was suddenly asked to look after his bride he wasn't expecting a person like Jina.
She was naive and made it obvious she knew nothing about Jeno's world, at first he thought it was an act then realized the severity of her naïveté.

Rita thought her mother turned into a princess, Jina almost ditched the mall plan seeing her baby so smiley and giggly.

"I promise I'll be back, can you play with Granny till then?" She says coaxing her to become less anxious about her absence. Mrs. Huang volunteered to look after her and Rita was reluctant but soon became comfortable with the idea after much serious negotiation with her mother.

***

How does one go from scrubbing toilets for a living to having a personal driver open the door for you? With a bodyguard and Butler on your side?

"Why is everyone staring at me?" She whispers to Kun, realizing how people shamelessly glanced at her.

"They're curious, you have to keep your chin up and don't look so nervous."

Jina walked into a Gucci store, a little hesitantly, a lady wearing a suit came to her greeting her formally, she flushed and looked at Kun for help. She knew the older male was getting tired of her shit and it was only his second day at the job.