28

They had been given the news of Jina's death. If anything it worsened their health.

The three were always put together and were removed from school and they missed their graduation but none of them cared. Life didn't seem like something they could live now with ease.

"Should I just die?" Renjun asks one day after managing to eat breakfast.

"If you die, I'm going to die too," Jeno growls. "Nobody is going to fucking die."

"B-but she's gone," he says weakly.

"I know Renjun! I know she's bloody gone. There's nothing we can do about it! She saved you and died doing so. You can't put that to waste. Every second we have to have it haunt us," Jaemin adds as a cold chill ran up their spine, dread weighing on their shoulders.

He crawled towards the bed and pulled out a box from underneath, he took out a bottle of what looked like whiskey. They didn't even stop him as they saw him devour a bottle and already get drunk.

Jeno opened his laptop and put on his headphones, playing a game. He was cursing a lot as it was a violent survival shooting game.

Renjun just sat draped by the windows with music in his ears, his mind wandering on its own.

Weeks turned to months and they were all changing. They were encouraged to go outside more so every day their parents would make them walk for at least 30 minutes.

"Remember the time we went to the amusement park?" Jaemin asks as he bitterly smiled at the memories.

"Can we not talk about the past, please? Everything that happened was just a dream," Jeno says irritated.

"But why? Wouldn't talking about it make us feel better?" Renjun asks.

"Shut up, Renjun. It's all your fault anyway. You can't defend yourself for the life of you," he snaps and then stormed off. Renjun froze in shock as Jaemin began to turn red in anger.

"What did that bitch just say? Hey, Jeno! You take that fucking back!" He roared marching after him.

"I don't want to speak to a pussy like you either. You could have gone after them but no, you're more fearful for your life," he snaps back. He was yanked back by his shoulder as a punch was thrown in his face.

Renjun screamed in surprise running over to them.

Jeno slowly turned his head up and Jaemin saw that he gave him a cut lip but he wasn't fazed. He smiled as he licked the blood off.

"Please don't fight, you guys. This isn't right," Renjun yells at them as he pushed Jaemin away, but he was glaring at the male hard.

"Don't be a jackass. I didn't go after them because I was worried about you! I thought you were going to die," he says darkly.

"I am dead. Do you think I'm living?"

"Do you think we're living?!" He shouts. A demeaning silence added to the sickening tension. Jeno breaks it with a cold sigh.

"You know what? I think I need time to myself, I can't be around you guys anymore," he deadpans, they didn't say anything as he turned around to walk away.

They all separated at some point focusing on themselves, being around each other was a lot more overbearing so they all agreed that they needed space.

For a couple of months, they stayed that way, getting support from their families as they finished high school. Jaemin left his parents' house at some point, Renjun started studying and Jeno was getting ready to take over his father's company.