47

Jina's date only lasted fifteen minutes and most of it consisted of talking about the food or him talking about his job before he had to leave, so she couldn't bring up any of her complaints so when she reached home she found Renjun in the kitchen feeding Rita.

"Oh, you're home." He perked up immediately placing a peck on her lips, she was wide awake now and giggled at how some of the color from her gloss got on his lips.

"Where did you go looking like this?" He asks taking notice of her outfit. Her appearance changed drastically from when he last saw her. Back then she was a lot shorter, now her cheekbones were more prominent, a lot taller, and a lot more beautiful.

"Did Jeno make you and Jaemin take social manners lessons?" She asks as Renjun makes them lattes.

"He did teach us a lot of things since we ran into his relatives often," he says as he watches the espresso drip into his cup.

"He told Mr. Qian to teach me social manners," she says making his brows furrow, especially since her tone hinted a negative feeling.

"It's just to help prepare you, I'm sure. People are brutal, you know? The first time I met his aunt she complained that I was rude and for some time his whole family saw me as someone rude, he's just trying to prevent something like that from happening again. Not only will we run into the family but other socialites." he says, now steaming the milk.

"It's too much though. Will people pay that much attention to me?"

"Unfortunately yes, but you're not in this alone."

She nods. "Okay, then why does he keep buying me pricey gifts?"

Renjun grins at that. "I'll tell him to stop if it makes you uncomfortable, just know that's how he likes to impress us."

"By wasting money?"

"By spoiling us," he says placing a mocha before her and a vanilla latte for himself. "I was uncomfortable by it too at first, he'll stop eventually. At some point, you get used to it and feel good about it."

"I feel like I have to earn it you know? I do nothing all day but take useless lessons, play dress up, and just rest. I don't do anything, it makes me feel unsettled."

Renjun frowns. "Don't you clean the house? And cook our meals— and you even did my laundry yesterday and I never asked you to."

"What else am I supposed to do?"

He shook his head. "You didn't marry us to become a Maid, you do more than enough. The point is for you to rest and do whatever you wish, you're also taking care of Rita, that's not nothing."

She took a deep breath, realizing her worries were pointless but she couldn't help it. She would skip meals and ignore all the things she wanted to buy from a young age, quickly learning she had to work hard to earn something.

"Why don't we do some planning today? We can think about things you can do. Maybe Rita can help?"

The baby babbles in response, incomprehensible due to the cookie in her mouth...

Jeno, surprisingly came home early with Jaemin. Jeno squints his eyes when he notices Rita is walking towards him!

Jaemin gasped in shock, worrying she was going to fall, she almost did trip, due to her excitement. He stared at the tiny human incredulously as she kicked her little feet in happiness.

"Isn't it amazing? She learned how to walk recently," Renjun smiles.

"Is that so? Aren't you a big girl now," Jaemin coos getting her smile, flashing her little teeth.