32

"I have a question," Renjun asks as they all sit for breakfast.

"What is it?"

"Rita is 2 years old and she still can't walk too well or form short sentences," Renjun says with concern, he looks down at the baby in his arms, holding her protectively.

"She has a bit of a developmental delay because she was born premature," Jina says quietly as a guilty expression shows on her face. "I wasn't in the best physical or mental condition when she was in my belly so it caused complications."

Renjun frowned. "At least she and you are okay now, She'll grow well one day, just you watch. Isn't that right, baby?"

The baby only grinned in response.

"That's right, now, who's ready to go to the park?"

...

Jeno stood in a hidden alleyway, he knocked on a door with a rhythm. It opened revealing someone he knew.

"Password?"

"Out of my way, Jungwoo. I don't have time for your games today," he barked, the taller male almost tripped as he moved out of his way, watching in astonishment as Jeno stormed off.

People paused and greeted him with respect but he didn't return their courtesies.

He stormed into the main office where several men were seated, currently in a meeting.

"Hello, Jeno," Taeyong, NCT's leader greets him. "Come back in a few minutes, we're in a meeting here."

"I'll wait," he says as he takes his seat at the table. Everyone became uncomfortable, it was evident on his face that he was annoyed.

"Okay, as I was saying... the drug distribution from last week was a success, Moving on we have a few shipments and we're expecting an attack from the SPARKS group next week."

Everyone jumped when Jeno's fists banged against the table.

"It's those fuckers! Let's burn all their members down," he yells in anger.

The leader blinked at him in confusion. "It would be very difficult to kill all their members. They're as powerful as we are," he explains.

"Maybe we can burn their base," one of the members spoke up.

"They have more than one, there's no way we can do that," another added.

Jeno leaned back, digging his hands into his temples from all the pent-up stress in his head. The rest of the meeting continued talking about things that were unimportant to him. One by one they all left leaving just him and the leader.

"What's with the attitude today?"

"I'm always like this."

"So you're always a little bitch?"

Snapping out of his trance, he glared at the older who smirked, loving how simple it was to get him riled up. It took some time for his glare to ease down, It looked terrifying but Taeyong had known Jeno well, after all, they were cousins.

Once his glare died it was replaced with a grim expression, a long sigh rolled out of his clenched teeth as he eased back into the chair.

"I'm afraid of losing them... While you sit here making fancy plans maybe they already have a plan to kill me or those I love... Do you know how that feels?" He asks, his voice hushed, it broke something inside the seemingly cruel leader. He slowly turned to him, looking quite tired. "Didn't you see what happened yesterday?" He was referring to the man who harassed Jaemin.