16

"She wants to... Meet our parents?" Jeno asks with a frown until it quickly retorted to anger.

"Our parents have been lying to us this entire time," Renjun says clenching his fists.

"I haven't contacted my parents in a year," Jaemin says huffing the air out of his cheeks in annoyance.

"She says she wouldn't be comfortable without speaking to them," Renjun says. They were all frowning at the idea, how could she want to meet them after leaving her alone like that and lying to them?

A teenager left all on her own to the cruelty of the justice system. No one cared to defend her and judged her blindly. She had wasted the last years of her youth rotting in juvie all alone, on top of that pregnant. With that in mind, they wished they could turn back time and take those years of suffering away. Which would probably scar her for life, surely there must have been something breaking behind that confident yet soft smile of hers.

Jina had too much happen to her to hold grudges in her heart. If she heard someone raped her child she would probably be livid and wished they were dead without any reasoning, but she wanted to try fighting for them for once. She wanted to explain herself. She didn't want their relationship to be cursed, but freeing.

Once she had gotten their addresses she visit Jaemin's parents first, the boy waited in his car as Jina had asked of him.

The baby was strapped onto her chest as she carried flowers and three gift bags. They were gifts and in one were baked cookies and a special wine bottle.

Jaemin was very nervous so he asked her to keep her phone on so he could overhear the conversation, he would intervene if things got out of hand.

She rang the doorbell nervously. She heard footsteps and the door opened revealing a tall middle-aged man.

He still looks the same as before just looked more gaunt and had a few grey hairs.

"Who's at the door, honey?"

She heard a woman speak as she heard a different set of footsteps. She poked her head out, staring at the flowers to the baby to her face in confusion.

"Hello, I hope I haven't disturbed you," she says flashing a smile.

The couple gave each other a look before looking at her. "No, how may we help you?" She asks.

"I wanted to talk with you," Jina says. They gave each other a look before slightly opening the door and letting her in.

They sat her down asking if she wanted anything and only asked for a glass of water, waiting as she thought of what to say.

"I brought gifs, hope they're to your liking," she says giving the bags and flowers. They became more confused, a bit startled.

"Thanks, but what is this for? Who are you?" She asks furrowing her brows.

Jina took a deep breath before speaking. "I'm Jina, your son's soulmate".

The air immediately became thick as she saw both parents look horrified which made Jina cringed but she had to continue speaking before they threw her out.

"I'm sorry to suddenly show up here, you see I feel like I need to explain myself-"

"There's nothing to explain. You're a prostitute, a rapist, a murderer. I may not get along with Jaemin at the moment but I'll never let him be with someone like you," his father finally speaks his voice flat.