Part 64: Rose

The full moon party is tomorrow, and I don't think I've ever been so excited for one of them in my life. Reagan still seems to be on her period, which is a bit infuriating, but she will still be there and involved. Sadly, it's just not in all the activities.

          My mates were currently lying in bed, discussing the party to come and all its festivities. While I was sitting at the edge of the bed just watching them, getting involved in the conversation when I knew too.

          "So with the fights, if you lose, does that affect how other werewolves view how strong the pack is?" Reagan asked curiously.

          She's been more and more curious about us these past couple of weeks. I'm loving it. I wonder what shifted in her brain to make her this curious, but she's always kind of been since she came into our lives. It's just now she's more comfortable with asking.

          "Mm, not really. The fights are to impress your mate." Hazel said, grinning. "So that they might be more inclined to fuck you."

          Reagan burst out in a fit of laughter. "Oh wow."

         "Have you four tried to prove yourself to each other at these things?" she said, looking at all of us.

          Iris nodded her head. "And we win every time. Being able to fuck during the full moon is exhilarating. You feel more alive, more free. Like nothing can get in your way."

          Reagan huffed. "Yeah, but in our case, something did get in our way." She gestured down to her lap. We all knew what she meant.

          Trying to make my peace with the fact that she was different from us wasn't as hard when I didn't know about humans having a menstrual cycle.

          "How soon will the party start?" she asked, crossing her legs over each other. We all watched her like a hawk. Every little movement she's been making has consumed us. Needing to know if she might crumble, or snap. I've had to come to terms with the fact that she is, in fact, extremely delicate, at least compared to us.

          She's strong, I know, but her strengths come with a bunch of weaknesses, unlike us. Our only weakness is her.

          I took a deep breath. "Technically at midnight. Most of our kind get right on to the celebrating, we dont like wasting a minute." i said smiling.

          "The full moon isn't really seen until the sun goes down; why calibrate so early?" she asked, not upset, not even shocked—just curious.

          "Because it's our day. Our night. We know what it means to us." Ivy said, grabbing Iris's hand and caressing it.

          Reagan looked down at her lap, saddened. "Hopefully, next time, my body will be more kind to me in its timing." She tried to laugh it off, but there was a sadness in her tone.

          "You know we aren't upset about this, right?" Iris started. "It's irritating, and it took us by surprise, but... we aren't upset." Ivy let go of Iris's hand so Iris could grab Reagans. "I mean we only get upset when you do, so as long as you keep your emotions controlled i think we should be fine, especially while your on your period," Iris said, laughing.

          Reagan smiled at Iris. "so you're blaming my period for your fours emotional outburst instead of the fact that you all are just really primal and emotional animals?"

          I playfully narrowed my eyes at Reagan. "You make us crazy, Little Fawn. you have this strange ability to push buttons we didn't even know we had in the first place." I grinned. "Something tells me that when we are around the other packs, you might try to push some of them."