Part 4: Rose

Lennox and Avah were fast asleep. They would still have to be really quiet while leaving the cabin, but we could manage it. Maybe. Things have been rough on us. This could go horribly wrong.

          Yesterday, while trying to hunt with Hazel, Iris kept distracting me with her horny thoughts. Hazel too.

          I spent the entire night trying to think of a way for us to be able to sneak out, and I only could think of one thing. So early this morning, while Lennox and Avah were on their morning run, we all shifted one by one and pulled tiny amounts of fur off of each other.

          The idea was our scent would be strong enough that Avah and Lennox wouldn't come to check on us in the bed. Hopefully, this works.

          I pointed toward the bed. "Put our fur on the pillows and spread it out," I said through the bond. Ivy grabbed the clump of fur and spread it on the bed and pillows.

          "Okay, now what?" Hazel asked. She was shifting from foot to foot, clearly anxious about what we were doing. We all were.

          "Now we strip and very quietly get through the front door. We can't shift until we get a few miles away."

            Iris groaned. "Not that I mind running around the woods naked; it's just not my favorite thing."

           "This is the only thing I can think of. I came up with a plan. This is the plan." I said through the bond.

          Ivy stepped closer to me, nudging her nose to my ear. "We know this is stressful. We're all just a little anxious, love, that's all." She purred—the action causing me to relax ever so slightly.

          I know Iris meant well. I feel bad for snapping. I sighed and stepped away from Ivy over to Iris, grabbing her hand.

          Her brown eyes were filled with worry. I ran my thumb over the top of her hand. Her tan skin was slightly flushed in comparison to my pale white one.

          "I'm sorry, my love..." I said quietly through the bond.

           She placed her forehead on mine. "I'm not hurt, I promise."

          Hazel stepped behind Iris and Ivy behind me. "We do this, this once. To get it out of our system. Then we try and go on. That is until Karina and Celia can explain what is happening." Hazel wrapped her arm around my waist.

          Ivy had her chin on my shoulder. "Hopefully, we can figure some things out ourselves." Ivy rubbed her nose on my neck.

          Intimate moments like this are always welcome. Always loved and enjoyed. I don't know what I would do without them.

↞ ↞ ↞ ↞ ↞ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

After an hour and a half, we sprinted in our wolf forms to the place where we caught her peeing, and we finally stopped to rest. We didn't want to risk any time.

          Hazel moved past my peripheral. Her white wolf sniffed the ground to the tree Reagan pissed at.

          We all followed her. Rose's tan wolf came into view, as well as Ivy. We all sat in front of the tree, staring at the week-old area she had peed on.

          "This makes us extremely pathetic. I would just like to point out." I snuffed.

          Ivy leaned over her nose, grazing over the spot. "As pathetic as it is, can you deny that you feel just a tad bit more at peace?" she said and stepped back, sitting and looking it over again.

          Ivy was right, though. My body isn't buzzing with feelings I can't understand.

          Iris lay down. "I want her to yell at us again. Something. This girl we've never met, whose human, by the way, has royally fucked our lives." she licked her nose, wetting it. "I hate it." she sighed.

          Hazel huffed in agreement and laid down next to Iris.

          I peered over at Ivy, her attention fully on the dirt around the tree. I would laugh if I could.

          I stood up on all four of my paws and took a few steps closer to where Reagan walked with that blonde girl. Leaning down and sniffing the ground, I follow the very, very faint smell of her.

          "Where are you going?" Hazel asked. I turned to look at them, and none of them pulled their attention away from the tree.

          I taunted my attention back to what I was doing. "Just searching. For what I don't know yet, so don't ask."

          I kept sniffing around for a few minutes. Eventually, I made it a few feet away from the trail. It was past midnight, so no one was on it, but I sat far away from it, not wanting to risk it.

          A faint, cold breeze brushed through my fur. My yellow eyes widened when her scent grew stronger. I ducked down, peering to where it came from, but I didn't see anything. A second went by, and I heard shuffling from behind me. When I turned around, Iris, Hazel, and Rose sprinted toward me.

          "Where is she?!" Ivy asked hurriedly. They must have smelled her scent with the breeze like me.

          "Not here," I said, turning back to the trail. "But she was. Recently. The scent is too strong for it to be a week old. She's been coming back."

          "You think she was coming back for us?" Hazel asked, sitting next to me.

          "I doubt it," Iris whined. "She doesn't even know who we are. She just thought we were perverts, which we kind of were, but still. I doubt she came back here to see perverts."

          Her scent was coated in sweat, mingled with other people who came through here. "I think she's been coming here to run. I mean, she may be a runner. Her legs looked strong as shit." Iris concluded for us.

          I agree her legs were gorgeous, especially in that dress. I turned to them. "If she comes by here regularly, maybe we can see her again. We just have to catch her on the right day and the right time." I said hopefully.

          "How are we supposed to do that? We would run the risk of outing our kind and scaring her." Ivy, for some reason, reasoned right now.

          "We could run some clothes up here, hide them. So when we sneak out again, we won't be naked when we see her." Hazel pointed out.

          Ivy looked down at the ground, thinking it over. "That could work, but how would we approach her? How do we explain this?"

          We are getting ahead of ourselves.

          Iris snuffed. "I feel like this is borderline stalkerish."

          "We are literally shaking from anxiety and on the verge of being sick every day. We need to see her, even if it's just for a second. We need this." I pointed out.

          They looked at me, their eyes shifting from side to side.

          "Okay, well, do what Hazel said." Ivy walked up to me, rubbing up against my body. Hazel and Iris followed behind, doing the same thing. "We will see her and sort this out. For now, can we go back to the tree?"

          Iris and Hazel's tails wagged happily. "Let's go!" 

A/N: Strange chapter, but remember they are technically animals. Ivy's chapter is next!