Part 63: Iris

Ivy, Hazel, Rose, and I were lying on our stomachs on the bed. It was the only position we could be in that my stomach didn't feel like it would rip open.

This might actually kill us. Reagan has killed us. I didn't think a human was capable of killing one of us, but Reagan has done it. She has done the impossible.

"You four are being dramatic." Celia huffed.

"Thank you!" Reagan yelled. "I'm cramping, too! Literally, right now, and I'm walking around like normal. You four get them and act like the world is falling apart." she groaned.

"You did this!" Ivy snarled at Reagan.

Reagan scoffed. "My period, a human thing, and you four have made it about you!" she barked. "I knew something was up. You weren't selfish lovers, so I knew I would have to pay for that some other way. Just didn't know how."

I shot up, almost on the verge of tears. Celia and Reagan frowned and took a step back.

"Are we going to bleed? Have you altered our bodies?!" I yelled.

Ivy, Rose, and Hazel sat up as well.

Reagan slapped her hands on her face. Celia just rolled her yes. "No, you aren't going to bleed. The only reason this is happening to you is because you are mated."

Rose pointed at Reagan. "Yes, but her body has altered itself for us. How do you know she hasn't done the same to us?"

Celia sighed. "I just know, okay. It's hard to explain. But I can say that you four are milking this. Every single one of you has endured more painful things than cramps. This should not be what takes you out."

"Fucking hell! You aren't on your period! You are just dramatic as shit! Now stop it." Reagan yelled at us.

"We would if we could! You are the cause of this! You and your diabolical human traits!" Hazel growled.

"Stop yelling at me!!" Reagan literally burst out in tears.

I swallowed the ball in my throat. There is no way. No way, she is going to make us cry again.

Celia cringed as she looked at Reagan and then at us when we all started to cry.

Reagan has ruined us. "This is evil!" Ivy fell back in the bed, throwing her arms over her face, crying into them.

"Stop blaming me, like this is my fault! I didn't want this!" Reagan cried harder.

"Then stop it. Make it stop. Reagan, please!" Rose sniffed, tears pouring down her cheek.

"I CAN'T!!" She screamed, crying even harder.

"Holy fuck..." Avah said, walking into our bedroom.

Lennox followed in right after and groaned. "Is this our life now?"

"Shut up!" Reagan screamed at her. Lennox threw her hands out in defense.  "I didn't want this! I am not the cause of this!"

Celia tilted her head back and forth. "Well, yes and no. Your mating bond is really the cause of this."

"We can't do this again. We have to find a way to stop her periods," Hazel whined.

"I've been doing this for years and have never had this big of an issue. It's been a few days, and you are all a mess. Get your shit together. This is bullshit!" Reagan wiped her face.

Celia's eyes widened, and we all just stared at Reagan through teary eyes.

"You seem to have this all under control. So, I'm gonna go." Celia bit her lip and slowly stepped out of the room, taking Avah and Lennox with her.

Reagan narrowed her eyes at us. "My period won't kill you, but my hands sure will. Keep it up."

"It is forbidden to kill your mate," I argued.

"I can assure you I don't give a fuck." she said, walking out of the room. And even though it seemed to piss her off more, we followed her.

↞ ↞ ↞ ↞ ↞ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

After cooling down from our breakdown, we went into the kitchen and watched as Karina and Lennox cooked dinner.

Now we're sitting down and absolutely obliterating the meal they made for us. The last time I was this hungry was after our rut, but that was because we burned a shit ton of energy. I'm not sure what's happening now.

Lennox and Karina watch us intensely. "Reagan's period is going to cause all of them to eat us out of house and home every month.

Avah and Celia walked in with tense looks on their faces.

"I would like to say the worst part of this period shit is the wild emotions or even this awful cramping feeling, but I'm going to be honest and say it's the period shits. I honestly thought I shit my organs out." Rose said, sighing.

Not really a topic for dinner, but I honestly couldn't agree more with her. Reagan failed to tell us that was a symptom of her periods.

Reagan looked up at the ceiling and started laughing. "I actually forget it happens until it happens. It's one of those things you like to forget about."

I shook my head. "That can't be something we can forget."

"Such an amazing choice of conversation," Celia said, chuckling.

"It's either this or pick something that's going to put us in another heated argument," Ivy said, stuffing her mouth.

"It wouldn't if you all would admit you are faking it. Can't believe you are stealing my period from me." Reagan said, eating her fruit. She had only eaten a few pieces of meat before, but she said she was craving the fruit more.

"I can't wait for this to be over," Hazel grumbled.

"I mean, I'm getting the worst of it. I am the one who's bleeding." Reagan said bitterly.

"For all we know, the next time, we'll be bleeding too." I cringed. "I cannot imagine what our sheets will look like."

Reagan picked up four pieces of fruit from her bowl. I thought she was going to stuff her mouth with them, but she threw one of the juicy fruits at each of us.

"Stop. Taking. My. Period. From. Me." she grunted before leaving the booth and getting ready to walk out of the kitchen. We moved to follow her, but she whirled around and grit her teeth. "No, you say here."

"You don't want us anymore?" Ivy asked, on the verge of tears. '

Her mouth shot open. "What?"

My bottom lip bobbled. "Are you rejecting us?"

"This feels manipulative," she said, sighing.

"It's not." Karina budded in. "They truly believe you are rejecting them."

She's right. Reagan rolled her eyes. "It makes no sense for me to leave the room if you are just going to follow me."

"Then stay so we can finish eating. I'm still hungry anyway." Rose offered.

Reagan purses her lips. "Fine, but you will sit and eat silently. No more talking," she said, walking back to the table like she just knew we were going to listen.

I mean, we were, but I don't like that she just knew that.