Part 41: Reagan

The night of the drinking game

I practically skipped toward the front door of the cabin, my mates snarling and huffing behind me. Anger was something that fueled me this last week, but some conversations with Celia made me realize some things.

          While I do have a disadvantage being human and being mated to them, it's also my greatest power over them. They are extremely cautious over me, even when they realize they hurt me by lying.

          The nights I spent crying were mostly just me trying to get over the fact that they lied. I honestly would have still gone through with it without them knowing the truth. I might would have hesitated, but I would have agreed. However, they didn't give me that choice.

          When Hazel came up with the game, I was thrilled. It gave me an excuse to get them to touch me without it looking like I forgave them so easily.

          They are oddly really fucking easy. That's what Celia told me too, but I didn't want to believe it. I thought because of their superiority over me, they might be able to control themselves better, but stripping in the woods had them losing their minds.

          I got every single one of them on their knees for me, and none of them complained, hesitated, or fought me about it. They just did it. Eagerly.

          Turning around, I watched as they shifted back into their human forms. It's so strange hearing their bones crack into place watching their fur recede into their bodies. They never look like any of it hurts, but it sounds like it does.

        They were glaring at me, and I smiled back at them prettily.

"I'm hungry," I said, going to open the door.

          I heard them all snuff when I pulled it open.

          "We might be getting some unwanted dinner guests," Iris grumbled.

          I didn't bother looking at them even though their comment confused me.

         When I stepped inside, our Alphas and Elders were standing up straight, their heads held high, glaring at us.

          I stumbled back, slightly afraid, not of them exactly but of what was about to come. It suddenly dawned on me what Iris's comment meant.

          Stumbling back, I fell into Ivy's arms. She gently helped me back to my feet, and we all just kind of stared at our Alphas and Elders.

         "You weren't supposed to go out," Lennox said, glaring at my mates. Their gazes only a few times shifted to me. I was somewhat aware it was still dangerous for us to go out, for me to go out, but I didn't think about it at the time.

          I gulped and stood my ground in front of my mates. My movements did not go unnoticed by Celia and Karina.

          I heard Karina hum.

          Why the fuck do they act so strange?

          My stomach rumbled, alerting everyone in the room of what my intentions were before we got interrupted.

          "Could we possibly have this conversation in the kitchen, where you lovely, amazing people can make me something to eat?" I asked with a bright smile, hoping I could ease the tension.

        Somethings telling me we're about to get an ear full.

          Avah lifted her head and sniffed at the air; my gaze fell to the floor, a blush creeping at my cheeks. They know exactly what went down in those woods. Fucking werewolves and their heightened senses!