Part 37: Hazel

We're not leaving Reagan alone with our Elders or Alphas ever again.

          There was a silent agreement not to tell Reagan everything about our world just yet so we didn't overwhelm her. And Lennox and Avah have fucked that up.

          We were already stressed from last night. We had to leave this morning to avoid any awkwardness. We discussed when we were out that we would just pretend it never happened. It would be easier just to let her bring up her feelings herself rather than us push her.

          While it hurt not to hear her say she loved us back, we had no other choice but to understand where she was coming from.

          I gulped and then looked over at my mates, silencing, asking them if we really wanted to inform Reagan of... everything.

          "We'll just give you all some space," Lennox said, standing up with Avah and walking toward us to get to the front door so they could leave. We stepped out of their way, but we didn't do so happily. We glared at them the entire way.

          The door shut, and when we looked at Reagan, she stood back at us, her arms folded over her chest, waiting.

          I clenched my jaw. "Um..."

          I don't even know where to start.

          "Before I turn sixty, please," Reagan grumbled angrily.

          Rose tilted her head back and took a deep breath. "Alan thinks you're pregnant. That's why we were pissed. That's why our Elders and Alphas were pissed." Rose blurted out quickly.

          Reagan looked confused. "Why would he think I'm pregnant? Especially when I'm not. There's nothing to be concerned about."

          If only she really knew. Well, I guess we're going to have to tell her.

          "He doesn't know we gave you the tonic. We had just finished a rut recently, so our scent was still on you... the tonic isn't the most protective. At least not as much as we wanted it to be for you." Iris said painfully. I could hear her heart beating a mile a minute.

          Reagan unfolded her arms and clenched her fist by her thighs.

          "Explain." She barked.

          I let out a shallow breath. When I went to help explain further, Ivy cut in. "You were pregnant, but the tonic terminated the pregnancy."

           Reagan was panting, looking at us with wide eyes. "What?" she asked quietly.

          "The tonic is... meant for terminating a pregnancy, but our kind doesn't like to think of it like that, so we say it's for protection. You were only pregnant for a couple of days. We knew that, but we knew what would happen. We knew it wouldn't stick, so we never said anything. It was only more concerning when you continued to act out." I budded in. I tried to be gentle, but nothing of what we were saying should be taken lightly.

          We watched as tears formed in Reagan's blue eyes.

          "What?" she whispered.

          I closed my eyes, trying to take a few calming breaths. This is why we didn't want to tell her. We knew she wouldn't be able to take it.

          "Reagan, we just wanted to do what was best for you-" Iris started, but Reagan cut her off.

          "NO! YOU WANTED TO FUCK ME WITHOUT CONCERN!" She yelled, and we flinched back. She pointed her finger at us. "You took advantage of my ignorance of your world." the tears fell, and my heart shattered. "How could you?!" her bottom lip bobbled.