Part 40: Ivy

We knew Celia was talking with Reagan while she was breaking down, but we never knew what was being said. Celia always talked to her with us not around, which I get. We made a mistake, and we needed to give Reagan space.

          As much as it hurt to be away from her, we pulled through, and now our patience and almost a week of punishments have paid off.

          Reagan was sitting at the kitchen table eating an apple Lennox cut up for her. She's gotten more comfortable here, asking our Elders and Alphas for help. While she doesn't walk around nude, she is in less clothing, which is just as good. Right now, she's just in a pair of panties and a T-shirt.

          She didn't sleep naked last night or the night before. I think that's her add-on to our punishment. Sleeping on the floor has been a pain, but we don't mind. This is what she needs, though, and we are more than willing to wake up stiff as a board as long as she doesn't leave us again.

          Even though she was just a few doors away, it felt like she was nonexistent, and that felt like death. Her going on those long runs really didn't help. I'm glad she isn't doing that anymore. I'd take her sleeping fully clothed rather than trying to kill us by distancing herself from us.

          We've been better; we eat together and bathe together again, but there are some things still lacking.

          It's about time for us to go for a run; with us sleeping on the floor, we need these runs more to stretch out.

          Reagan was eating her apple slices and eyeballing Karina. Strange.

          Avah and Lennox were standing by the sink, while Karina was just staring longingly at Celia, and Celia ignored her.

          My lovers and I, on the run yesterday, discussed bringing Reagan with us. While she's allowed us to be in the same room as her, she hasn't talked much. Our conversations are short and choppy, and I hate it. So we thought maybe bringing her with us would be beneficial.

          She can get out of the cabin, and we can go on longer and farther runs.

          Hazel, Iris, and Rose looked to me and then our Elders and Alphas. Dinner is in a few hours, so this could work out in our favor if any of us gather the courage to ask; getting all of us out of the cabin while our Elders and Alphas cook could be beneficial for them.

          Iris cleared her throat, and everyone looked at her. We waited patiently for her to ask.

          "We want to bring Reagan out on the run with us," Iris stated rather than asked, a better approach than what I had planned, which was nothing.

          Any other day, we wouldn't have to ask, but with Alan and Dean being out, we have to be more cautious, and with him believing what he does, we really have to be careful.

          Our Elders looked us over and then over to Reagan, who was still just staring at Karina.

          "No," Celia said quickly.

          I frowned. I knew it was likely they would say no, but I had hope. Well, off to plan B, or rather off to come up with a plan B. We need to find a way to connect with Reagan again, and plan A is apparently not going to be it.

          Dammit.

↞ ↞ ↞ ↞ ↞ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠ ↠

Later that night

"You want us to allow you access to the liquor cabinet so you can bribe your mate with the option to get drunk?" Karina asked, glaring at us.

          We stood in her and Celia's room, and Avah and Lennox were at the door. Reagan was downstairs watching TV.