Dada ?

Jiwoo watered the plants in the garden using the small water can his aunt bought for her after knowing about her interest in nursing plants. She looked at those lavender crowds that her appa planted a few days before, which had grown green and flowered beautifully. After that, she slowly made her way to the kitchen to tell her appa proudly that she had watered the plants on time. But once she entered the kitchen, she heard a noise. She looked at her baby brother, who was sucking the straw of banana milk, which was already empty by the time.

“Appa…….”
Jiwoo’s cry made Jin run from the backyard with a showel in his hand.

“What happened, woo?"

“Appa Binnie drank my banana milk." Jiwoo’s said, pointing at her brother, who still had not given up on the straw.

“How did he reach it?" Jin asked in shock.

“I want my banana milk."

"Jiwoo, but I think that’s the last one.” Jin came near Jiwoo to console her.

"No, I want it now.”

She said it adamantly. Jin can say that even though Jiwoo is mostly like Jin, sometimes she spits her dad’s determined behavior.

Finally, Jiwoo made Jin to ask his friend to buy some banana milk for her since he was busy with the duty of cleaning the house.

Jin observed her daughter, who was now enjoying her favorite drink with wide doe eyes. Jin was really happy when he noticed that Jiwoo was looking like her dada with those bunny teeth and doe eyes, but at the same time, the same thing makes him sad every time her daughter makes him remember Jungkook. The desire to be with Jungkook together as a happy family broke his heart, and the pain it causes increases as time pass. He doesn’t know what happened in Jungkook’s life after the accident, but all he was praying for was that wherever Jungkook is and in whatever situation he is ,he would find him and his baby.

“Iam full.”
Jiwoo said as she finished the bottle and showed her famous bunny smile to her aunt.

“Like Dada, like daughter.” Jin said it suddenly, without thinking about what he just said.

“Dada?”
Jiwoo asked in a high tone, which almost startled Jin. Jin's eyes went wide when he realized what he had said in front of his daughter.

“Do I have a dada? Like my friend Minnie had?” Jiwoo became more curious, but Jin found it hard to answer.

"Appa, do I have a dada?” Jiwoo asked this question continuously, without a break.

"Yes.” Jin finally surrendered.
He suddenly heard a gasp from her daughter.

"Appa, did that mean I have two parents?"

Jin just nodded, seeing the excitement and joy that the word dada brings to her face. And he doesn’t want to fade it.

But those emotions changed into a pout, which caused Jin to hold his daughter's hand softly, knowing what she was thinking and going to ask.

“Why Dada Didn’t come to see me and Binnie. Didn’t dada like us, appa?”

“No Jiwoo. It's not like that.”

“Then why didn't my dada come to see me? to play with me? to shop with me? to drop me off and pick me up from the school like Minnie's dada?”

“Jiwoo Dada is sick.
He is sick; that’s why he can't be with us. But I am sure once he is fully recovered, he will come to us."

“Really?”

“Yes”

“When will Dada recover from sick?”

“Soon.”

*

“Appa?”

“mm?”

"What's Dada's 'favorite food?”

*

“Appa ?”

“ what?”

"What's Dada's favorite flower?”

*

“Did dada also drop me off when he came?”

“Yes”

“And pick me up from school?”

“Yes.Yes”

*

Jiwoo had been missing Ahjussi for the past four days. Jungkook doesn’t show up after he urgently went to a place that day. And she was a little mad about that. As usual, Jiwoo was waiting for her at the park, and it was getting late already.

"It seems like someone is mad.” Jungkook said, approaching Jiwoo.

Jiwoo was silent with a pout.

“Ahjussi is sorry. Ahjussi's cousin had an accident, so I have to be with him in the hospital. That’s why I can't come."

“Really? Is Ahjussi's cousin okay now?” Jiwoo asked innocently.

"Yes, he is fine now."
Jiwoo smiled after that.

Jiwoo and Ahjussi spent the later time playing and talking about their days.
As time passed, the park began to empty.

“Your grandmother is nowhere to be seen today.” Jungkook commented, looking at the time.

“Granny will come.”

“But baby, it's getting dark soon.”

“What should we do then?"

“We will wait for some more minutes, and if she doesn't come after that, I can drop you off at your house today. Did you know the address?"

Jiwoo nodded. They waited for some minutes until the watchman came to close the park.

Jungkook took Jiwoo in her arms and walked towards his car. Jiwoo, being the smart girl, told him the address correctly, and after 15 minutes of driving, which Jiwoo enjoyed listening to her favorite songs, they reached Jiwoo's house. Jungkook helped her get out of the car and gave her a bag.

“Ahjussi come. I will show you my appa.”

"It's ok, baby. Ahjussi has to go to the hospital. I will surely come another day.”

“Why? You didn't like our house?”

"No, this is the most beautiful house I have seen. Your appa will be worried about you. You should go inside.”

Jiwoo waved cutely after biding bye to her Ajussi. Once he made sure Jiwoo got inside her house, Jungkook started his car.

“Appa” Jiwoo called her Appa once he opened the door.

Jin, who was continuously trying to contact his Eomma, quickly ran to the front door, hearing the call, only to see his daughter smiling happily standing there.

“Jiwoo Where have you been? Appa is really worried about  you."

Jin instantly hugged his daughter, feeling relieved that she had safely come back to him.

“Appa granny Didn’t come to pick me up. Bunny Ahjussi, drop me here after we waited for granny for a long time.” Jiwoo explained.

“I have been continuously calling her, but her phone is out of signal. I will call Grandpa to look for Eomma.”

"Appa, I am hungry.”

“Appa will make you sandwiches. You go and freshen up first.”

“Ok Appa.” Jiwoo ran towards her room.

Jin didn’t know what had happened to his Eomma; he got more worried and took his phone to dial his Appa's number. He was so busy on his phone that he didn’t notice someone standing at the front door. The sound of slow footsteps gained Jin's attention, and he instantly turned in that direction, thinking that it was his Eomma.

“Eomma, where hav-“

But the person in front of him is neither his Eomma nor his Appa.
Jin's eyes went wide in shock and he forget breath for a sec seeing the man in front of him.