The smile

"Jinnie, when did you come?"

"Why didn’t you tell me you were sick?" Jin asked while seeing his grandmother sitting on a chair near the window in his house.

Jin was angry that his grandmother hid her fever from him, and at the same time, he was upset that he couldn't be with her.

"It’s a small fever. It will be gone after some days."

She said calmly. Her voice is a little changed, which may be due to the fever. She held Jin’s hand and made him sit near her.

"Mrs. Jeon talked with me. Why are you so adamant about working in this condition?"

" Granny I am not handicapped, only pregnant. You can't make me jobless."

Jin said it with a cute, mad voice, which made his grandmother smile at his adorable child.

"Aigoo, my Jinnie is mad. What can I do to make him happy?" She asked by tapping her figure on the chin.

"Be with me forever; that’s what makes me happy."

Jin said that and hugged her suddenly. Granny's eyes were teared by his words, but she held them back and patted Jin’s back slowly.

"I will try my best." She said that and smiled through tears.

***

Jungkook and Jimin were going back to their company after a meeting with some business people. Jungkook looked outside when they passed through Jin’s restaurant. He doesn’t know why he is expecting to see Jin outside. But he didn’t see him.
Jungkook looked away and stared into the front mirror. He can see his image. A handsome, wealthy businessman with a cold facebook

"You surely need a smiling therapy."

Suddenly, Jin’s words came to his mind. He looked at the mirror for a second and tried to slowly smile. Slowly, he widened his smile and then suddenly stopped smiling, then again smiled slowly. He suddenly feels like someone is watching him, and he knows who it is, so he slowly acts like he is checking his teeth.

"I think the meet is stuck between my teeth." He said without looking at Jimin, and continued his acting.

"Yes, yes, I will pretend like that was the matter."
Jimin said with a mischievous smile, which annoyed Jungkook. He quickly stopped checking the mirror and diverted his focus outside again.

It was a beautiful day to embarrass myself in front of this brat. Jungkook thought.

****

It was 9 p.m. when Jungkook finally closed his laptop and looked at the clock. He stretched his arms before getting his coat from the chair and walking out of his office. There is no one there; everyone leaves after their work. He exited the building and walked towards his car. The moon was shining brightly today. He stopped in front of his car and looked at the moon, which was miles away from him, lighting the world in the darkness.

He was about to open his car when he noticed a little boy sitting on a nearby bench alone, playing with his toy. His legs moved towards the boy; he slowly sat near him and watched him pay. By looking at the boy, he was about eight. Jungkook doesn’t know why he came and sat here and watched him play instead of going to his house.

The boy slowly turned to his side when he felt someone's presence near him.

"What are you doing here, Ahjussi?"

Jungkook was taken by the question because it is he who should ask the same question. But he decided to answer him first.

"I don’t know; maybe I want to watch you play."

"Why?" the kid asked curiously.

"Because...because.."

"Didn’t you play with your toys when you were a little kid?"He asked innocently.

The question made a lump in Jungkook’s throat, and he tried his best to answer it without triggering him.

"It's not like that; I also played alone when I was your age."

"It's ok, Ahjussi. My Eomma said if we feel lonely, God will send someone to play with us. She is right; that's why you are here."

"Di-d, did you want me to play with you?"

"Yes" The boy gives him a nod.
Jungkook smiled at his cute gesture.

"Then how about I show you how this dinosaur sounds?"

"Yeah, it will be fun." The boy said it excitedly.

Then Jungkook made some noises and tried to make the toy jump and run. The kid giggled all the time Jungkook made sounds, and he enjoyed his new company.

"Ahjussi, you smile like a bunny."

"What?"

"Yes, you have the cutest smile I have ever seen."

"Really?"

The boy gives him a nod and a smile. Jungkook smiled in return.

"Taemin, I told you to stay inside. Suddenly, the watchman came running towards them. He was about to scold the kid again, But

"S-sir?" The man panicked and quickly bowed at Jungkook.

"Is he your son?"

"Yesterday,sir. I am sorry if he troubled you."

"No, he is a nice boy."Jungkook ruffled the boy's hair slowly.

"Sir, it's getting late; we have to go."

"Oh, good night, Taemin."

"Good night, Ahjussi."

Jungkook smiled when the little, adorable boy waved at him. He then walked towards the car and got in, and he was about to start the engine when he noticed his face on the front mirror.

He was smiling. And it was feeling good.

He put on the radio, played his favorite song, and drove away, humming happily.

For the first time in his life, he feels happy to go home.