Missing

Jin was placing the breakfast on the table when Jungkook came out of his room, all ready to go to work. He walked to the dining area with a smile.

"Good morning." He said and take a seat.

"Good morning." Jin said, smiling in return, but he stopped moving suddenly when he realized who said that to him. He slowly turned to look at Jungkook, who was starting to eat the food. He stared at him in disbelief.

Is it a dream or something? He was going to pinch himself when

"Aren't you going to eat?"

Jin snapped out of his thoughts and quickly joined Jungkook. If this is a dream, he doesn’t wake up.

***

Jungkook's stomach growled loudly when he closed his laptop and put it on the side table. He arrived a little bit early today and worked at home for some time. He was really hungry and shamelessly hoped Jin had made a delicious dinner.

When he got out of his room, the house was unusually silent. silent, with no sound of Jin. There is no sound of Jin watching TV, cooking anything, playing video games, or humming any song. He frowned and walked towards Jin's room. He debated for a minute whether to knock or not and decided to check on him. He knocked sometimes, and when he didn’t get any response, he slowly opened the door.

"Jin, are you there?" he asked without entering.

Didn’t he come back from work?

He thought and looked around the room, but there was no sign of Jin in the house. He got anxious because it was too late for him to stay in the restaurant, but he decided to wait some time. And when he couldn't wait any longer, he decided to call him, and that’s when he realized he didn’t have Jin's number. This makes him really mad. He dailed Jimin's number and asked Jin's, and after some tease from Jimin, he finally got the number.

He dialed the number quickly on his phone, but for his unfortune, the call didn’t get accepted; it kept going directly to voicemail. That’s it. He ran into his room, changed his pajamas, and took his car keys.

About an hour later, Jungkook came back home restless because 'Eat Jin' was closed and there was no one in his house either. Jungkook can't guess any other place where Jin would go. He walks past here and there in the hall without knowing what to do.

The clock ticked 12 times loudly, indicating it was 12 a.m. Jungkook looked at the clock, then looked at the door, which was wide open even at this hour for Jin. Jungkook thought it would be good if he filed a complaint. He picked up his phone, but suddenly he heard someone's footstep, and he instantly turned in the direction of the front door. He saw Jin walking inside slowly, lowering his head. It seems like he was tired from his walk. Jungkook walks fast to Jin.

"Yaaah, where have you been at this hour? Why didn’t you answer the phone? At least try to cont-"

Jungkook stopped in the middle when Jin slowly lifted his head. His eyes are filled with tears, which will overflow at any time, and puffy, which indicates he has cried before.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked with concern.

"Granny fainted." Jin spoke slowly.

"Her fever has gone high this morning. She was admitted to the hospital and will be discharged tomorrow. Hobi is with her because she doesn’t want me to strain any more. I am sorry I didn’t get time to inform you in this rush." Jin nibbed his lips to hold the tears.

"I was really scared when I saw her faint today."

Finally, the tears flowed completely from Jin's eyes, and he began to cry in front of Jungkook.

"I,…you-"

Jungkook was out of words when he saw Jin breaking down in front of him. He doesn’t know how to console him or what to say. But one thing is sure: he can't bear watching Jin cry. So he did what he wanted to do at that moment. He pulled him into his arms and hugged him tightly. Jin stayed in his hold and cried more. Jungkook slowly patted his back, and after a few minutes, when he felt that Jin was no longer crying, he slowly released the hug and looked at Jin. Jin's hair was a mess, and his eyes looked more puffy than before.

"Did you eat anything?"
Jin nodded in response.

"Then go and get some sleep; it's already late." Jungkook said, to which Jin slowly walked away after looking at him one last time.

Jungkook was relieved that Jin had come home and nothing bad had happened to him. If something happened to him, Jungkook would blame himself for being careless. And now he can sleep in peace.

***

Its morning next day; Jungkook and Jin have had their breakfast already. Jin still didn’t get over Granny's issue. He is going to the hospital today and decided to close the restaurant for a day. Jungkook came out of his room and was waiting for Jin outside. After a minute, Jin came with a small suitcase. Jungkook was confused.

"Why is there a suitcase with you?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"Jungkook, I am sorry; I forgot to say this before. I am going to stay with Granny until she feels better." Jin explained.

"Oh!" That’s what only come from Jungkook's mouth. He didn’t expect this.

"Sorry, I should have told you." Jin said as he felt guilty.

"It's ok. You should be with her in this situation." Jungkook said it honestly, which earned a smile from Jin.