The fates

The sudden break the driver made caused both Jin and him to move forward suddenly. Jin held the front seat tightly and looked at the driver once the car stopped with a loud thud.

“Hyung,What happened?”

The driver didn’t say anything; he instantly got out of the car, followed by Jin. They are shocked to see a woman lying there unconsciously, with blood flowing continuously from under her head. Jin gasped, seeing the scene, and looked at the driver in terror. He quickly ran toward the women And

“Mam? Mam.” He slowly put his finger under her nose.

“She is breathing.” The driver ran towards them to help Jin.

They both successfully put the women in the car and were about to get in when they heard a baby crying.
It woke the women in the flood suddenly.

“My b-baby.”

Jin instantly walked in the direction where he heard the crying sound. It was a little baby, barely a month old, laying there on the other side of the road with a small towel wrapped around it. He held him in his hands and took them both to the hospital.
By the time they reach the hospital, the baby sleeps in Jin’s warm embrace, and the woman is struggling to say something all the way to the hospital. The only word she was saying was'my baby' while looking at Jin.

And when the doctors informed them that they couldn't save her, Jin helplessly looked at the baby in his hand with tears. The driver suggested handing over the baby to the police.

*

“What will you do with the baby?" Jin asked the police officer once they closed the report after getting the necessary details.

“We will hand over the baby to child care if any of his parents relatives are not  contacted.And as per the report, the parent has no relations so far.” The officer explained.

Jin looked at the baby sleeping in his handpiece fully. He was really heartbroken, thinking about the fate of this baby. Once the procedures were done, one of the officers took the baby from Jin's hand, and the baby instantly woke up and started to cry when he lost contact with Jin's warmth. The baby began to cry nonstop in the hold of the officer. It was hard for Jin to watch. He quickly took the baby back.

“I will take care of him.” Jin shocked both the officer and the driver.

“What?”

“I mean, I will adopt him.” Jin said it quickly.

“Do you know what you are saying? It's not an easy thing."

"Yes, and I am ready for all the procedures.”

The driver moved a little closer to Jin and asked.

“Are you sure?”

“Hyung I know how the life of a child without parents was. Believe me, it was the most painful thing ever.”

“But what about your family?"

“I will talk with them; if not, I will find a way.”

Jin felt it was fate that brought the baby to him; it was his obligation to care for the infant. Jin saw the mother's anguish for her child even in the midst of her own terrible circumstances.  And he cannot leave the infant in the hands of another.

*

“Jiwoo is really cute.” Enwoo's Eomma said to Somi.

“Yes, look at her already; make him his favorite uncle.” Somi commented, looking at Enwoo and Jiwoo, who were playing together in Jiwoo's room.

“Didn’t Jin come?" Yeonjun's Appa came asking with Enwoo's Appa.

Enwoo's family was now at Jin's house to speak about their son's interest in Jin. Both the parents knew each other and agreed to gather. Even though Enwoo’s told him that Jin has not seen him more than a friend, they still want to see Jin and speak with him on the matter because they also liked Jin and accepted Jiwoo.

The family's chatting was interrupted by a doorbell.

"Appa”

Jiwoo said happily, jumping from Enwoo's lap to open the doorbell, giggling, which made everyone laugh at her adorable action.
Somi followed her to assist in opening the door with a smile. But her smile dropped once he saw Jin with a little baby.

“Whose baby is this, Yeonjun?" She asked impatiently.

"Mine"

This caused a gasp from Enwoo's Eomma, and then only Jin noticed Enwoo's family in the house.
Enwoo and his parents lived to give them privacy. Somi didn’t say anything; she silently went to her room.

Once Jin made sure both Jiwoo and the baby were soundly sleeping, he slowly closed the door and stood in front of his parents room. He gathered all the courage before entering.

Somi and his husband, Taejun, were sitting on the bed silently. Jin slowly walked near them and stood in front of them.

“Iam sorry. I don’t have any other choice.”

Jin explained the whole incident. His Appa looked at Somi, who was still looking down without facing Jin.

"I am ready to accept any punishment you give.”

“Do you think that we will give you punishment because you are not our real son?”

The unexpected question that came from Somi shocked both Jin and his Appa. They both look at her in total shock.

“I have never seen you as an outsider for even a moment. If my son makes any good decisions, I will always support him. Its that I am a little sad that you have not informed me as to when things happened.”

“Eomma”

Jin was overwhelmed by Eomma's words. Tears began to flow with gratitude. He doesn’t know how he will pay them back.

“Kwenchahna. You will always be Eomma's Yeonjun. No one can ever change that.”

Somi cupped Jin's face and kissed his forehead. That’s all Jin wants to hug—the women who never made him feel alone from day one, who were always there to make him remember that he was her son, and who don't ever fail to show her love. His Appa stood there, watching his wife and son's happy moment with teary eyes.
It took a few minutes for Jin to calm down in Somi's hold. He slowly released the hug and looked at Eomma with a contented smile.

“So who is it?" His Eomma asked, which confused Jin.

“who?”

“Jiwoo's dad.”

*

“You are here?"

Jimin turned to look at his hyung approaching him in the hospital sitting area that was created for the patients there.

“When did you come?"

“Just now. I rushed here once I heard you had the pain again this morning.”

Jungkook slowly sat near him with a worried expression. Jimin didn’t say anything; he was silent.

“Did you get any information?”

“About Jin?”

Jimin nodded, and from Jungkook's silence, he understood everything. Even though Hyung wasn’t showing the pain of Jin's separation, Jimin can clearly sense that.

Jimin leaned in and put his head on Jungkook’s shoulder.

“Mianhae.” He said it in a very low tone.
Jungkook slowly patted Jimin's head.

“Jimin?”

“mmm”

Jimin closed his eyes to relax on Hyung's shoulder.

“I will surely find him. Don’t worry.”

“Mmm”

“Jiwoo will be so happy to have an uncle like you.”

“Mmm”

“Please hold it together for some more time.”

“Mmm”

It looks like Jimin is tired, so they silently sat there for a while.

“Did you feel tired? Let's go back inside.”

This time, there hasn't been any response from Jimin. Jungkook felt Jimin's weight easing on his shoulder. And his head slowly began to fall from Jungkook’s shoulder. But Jungkook quickly held Jimin's head. e knows what has happened, but he is not ready to accept it. He held back the flood forming in his eyes and the pain crushing his heart.

“Kookie, look who it is?” Mrs. Jeon said.

"It's your little brother.”

Jungkook silently looked at the little boy who was holding his Eomma’s handy tightly, with fluffy hair and chubby cheeks, looking at him with his sparkling eyes.

“Go and say hi to your hyung.” She encouraged the boy.

The little boy slowly made his way with his small feet and smiled innocently once he reached closer to Jungkook.

“Hai hyung. Iam Jimin.”

What Jungkook didn’t expect was a sudden hug from the boy.

"I am so happy to have a Hyung. Please take care of me.” The little Jimin said without releasing the hug from his hyung.

"Let's get inside and take some rest.”

Jungkook said and couldn't help but cry out louder, hugging his brother tightly, who was motionless in his hold.

“Jimin.”

Jungkook whispered between his cries.

He cried louder and louder, not being able to save his brother, not being able to be with him, not being able to give everything he wanted, not being able to be a good hyung.