Alone

Hobi entered Jin's house carrying a few packets. Mrs.kim was doing the laundries.When Mrs. Kim felt a presence, she instantly switched her focus from the laundry to the front door. As she eyed the person in front of her, she called out in a low voice,
"Jinnie."

“Granny, its me, hobi.” Hobi said softly.

“Oh, I'm sorry hobi, I was just thinking about Jinnie and it simply slipped out of my mouth.”

"Have you already missed him? Since Jin was not here I bought your medicine.” As they sit there, Hobi gave her the medicine.

“There isn’t a day I miss my Jinnie. Even if he is studying or working in the restaurant, I will wait for him in the hallway and sometimes glance outside.” Granny said with a smile as if she were remembering those times.

“Then why did you send him, if you miss him this much?” Hobi asked suddenly.

“I-I didn’t send him; Mrs. Jeon requested Jin to move in with Jungkook, and I just gave her my permission.” She spoke swiftly.

"Stop lying. I saw you meet Mrs.Jeon two days ago."Hobi arched one brow and gave her a stern look.

"Why did you want him to move in so badly?"

“Then what are you telling me to do? Let him be harassed by those money lenders or work like a dog all day to lessen all the burdens? What do you expect me to do? To stand still and see my poor thing breaking himself every day?” Granny asked with so much pain .Hobi didn’t say anything.

“Every night I hear his sobbing in the shower. It breaks my heart that I couldn't do anything for my kid when he was suffering all by himself. I am nothing but a sick old lady who let him suffer alone. " Tears are flowing while she is speaking.

“ Yes, I am the one who requested Mrs. Jeon make Jin move in with his partner. Is it wrong that I want him to stop suffering? I wanted to see Jinnie living the life he wanted with his own family before  I die. Is it too much for me to wish like this?"

This time, too, Hobi didn’t say anything. His eyes are also filled with tears after hearing Granny's words.
He hugged her and patted her back slowly. Mrs. Kim also leaned into Hobi's hold. They stay there for a minute.

"Don’t let Jin know about this.” She said so, to which Hobi gave her a nod.

*

*

"Don’t forget to go on checkups every month, and you, Jungkook, keep your work aside and focus on Jin and your baby more. And don’t forget about the party next week. I hope you behave yourself, because you are now going to have a family soon." Mrs.Jeon said, giving Jungkook a warning look.

"Araso" Jungkook said with an annoyed expression.

"Jin, please take care of yourself, dear. Don’t worry about your grandma; she will be fine there.I will visit you often."

"Okay, Mrs. Jeon."

"Stop calling me Mrs. Jeon. Call me Eomma."

"Ok, Eomma."

Jin smiled. It's been a long time since he used this word. And now thinking that there is someone for him to call Eomma is making him happy.

"The car is ready."
Jin and Mrs. Jeon were suddenly alerted by Jungkook's voice.

“This brat." Mrs. Jeon muttered under her breath, and she finally gave Jin a small smile and Jungkook a stern look before entering the car and driving away.

Jin stood there, watching her disappear from the large gate. Jungkook walks past him. Jin released a heavy sigh and went to his room.
He feels lonely in the large room, which is as big as his small house. He was thinking about calling his grandmother but dropped the idea because it was midnight and she was probably sleeping now. He took his phone and dialed Hobi's number. But Hobi didn’t attend his call. Maybe he also slept. Jin thought to himself. But suddenly his phone rang, and it was Hobi. He knows he wants to explain everything to his best friend. He accepted the call after releasing a heavy sigh.