Iam your son

The day after Jin left the hospital

“Junah, Yeonjun-ah, woke up.
Look, Eomma is here, your Eomma.” An old lady said.

"Yeobo, stop; he will be awake.” The lady's husband said preventing her from waking the stranger.

"Can't you see how tired our son was? It's all your fault. Let us bring him back to our house.
Yeonjun-ah, look who is here—your Appa and Eomma.”

Jin doesn’t know when he will fall asleep. After he left the hospital, he took the last bus and reached Busan station.

He was really tired when he got there. But he slowly woke up when he felt that someone was waking him up. He took his time to adjust to the sun and was shocked to see an old couple standing closer in front of him.

"Yeonjun-ah, look, your Eomma and Appa are here to take you home.” The lady moved closer to Jin when she saw that he was fully awake.

“Wh-ho, who are you?” Jin asked in confusion, with a little fear.

"What do you mean by that? Are you really that upset with us?"She began to scold.

“We are really sorry for disturbing you; she is not well.”
The lady's husband moved forward and said it with guilt. Jin looked at both of them for a second and gave him a nod.

“What are you saying? Yeobo, look, he is our son, Yeonjun.” Then Lady shifted his focus to Jin.

“Don’t mind him. I think he is still mad at you. But Eomma is not Yeonjun-ah. If Appa and Eomma have done anything that hurts you, please forgive us and come back home. I can't live any longer without you. You can't leave us. Come with us. We will never scold you. We forget everything. We will accept you and your baby. Please come with us."

The lady began to beg in front of Jin. Jin doesn’t know what she is talking about or how to handle her. He looked at the old man, who was standing there helpless. The people around them began to gossip and watch them with interest. It was really embarrassing when the lady began to hold Jin and cry more.
The old man steps forward and tries to release her hold on Jin. But she isn’t giving up.

“Listen to me; he is not our son. Let him go.”

“No, how can I leave my son? It's all your fault. If you hadn’t kicked him out that day, he would never have left us. He will be with us. And now, when we find him, you are again saying to leave him? No. I can't lose him any more.” The lady tightened her hold on Jin.

"I am sorry, but you should help me. Please remove her hold from you and leave from here as soon as possible.”

The man said to Jin, who was stuck in the lady's hold. He doesn’t know what to do. It was a lot for him already. So he tries to remove the hold with the help of the man, and at last he is free from it after a lot of struggle. And when he began to move from there, the lady began to cry louder, begging nonstop in tears, which is really hard for him to watch.

“No, don’t leave me.
Don’t leave Eomma.
Eomma can't leave without you. Yeonjun-ah
Don’t punish me anymore."

But Jin can't do anything. When he hesitated to move, the old man didn’t let him stay there; he continuously told him to leave. So I finally started to walk fast from there, But

“YEONJUN-AH”

Jin looked back instantly, hearing the loud scream of that mother, only to see her collapse in her husband's hand.

*

“Is she okay?"

Jin asked when the old man came out of the doctor's room. He was shocked to see Jin still there. He thought the young man left after assisting him to bring his wife to the hospital despite his own condition.

“Yes, thank you very much for helping me. I think it’s a lot for you to handle.”

“Its fine.” Jin said it politely.

The man looked at the kind young man, who was resembling his own son in many ways, silently with teary eyes.

“I think I should leave.” Jin said it awkwardly without knowing what else to do. The man didn’t say anything, so Jin decided to move on from there, But

“Where are you living?” That question stopped Jin abruptly.

“Shall we meet again?” Jin was shocked to hear that from the man.

"I am sorry; you really look like our deceased son.”

The man finally let out all the tears he had been holding—those he had been hiding for his wife—those he couldn't fight over his anger, which led to everything.

Jin quickly moved closer to the man and held him, who was starting to break down in front of him.

“It was me. It was my fault that I lost my son. If I had listened to my wife that day, our Yeonjun would be with us. I would have a wife with no illness. It's all my fault. My fault.”

Jin helped him sit on the bench and pat him slowly to calm him down. And the man continues

"Yeonjun is our only son. He is very smart for his age. We love him so much. Yeonjun was our everything. But when he got a scholarship to study abroad, we had to let him alone. It was really hard for us, but we decided to do what made him happy. He studied abroad for three years; he calls us whenever he has time. But one day, he stood in front of our house with a big belly. He told us his boyfriend cheated on him and ignored him, saying the baby wasn’t his. He is really heartbroken. But my ego doesn’t let him into the house. I was really mad when I heard the news. I kick him out of the house, knowing he has nowhere to go. I was really angry at the fact that, despite all the love we have given, he chose a stranger to trust and betrayed by the same person. Somi cried and begged a lot for him. But at that time, I was overly controlled by my ego. I let him go. I let him die in the plain crash that happened the day after he left us. If I haven’t kicked him out, if I accept him and his baby, I will never lose my son. I killed my son. I make my wife a mental patient.”

And when the man finally relaxed after a long time in Jin's hold, he slowly looked at Jin before speaking.

“Where are you from?"

Jin finds it very difficult to answer. He was afraid that if he shared his identity, it would affect Jungkook. He was afraid of Jimin's; he was afraid of the things Jimin would do.

“I can't reveal that I am really sorry.” Jin said it hesitantly, which confused the man.

“Why?”

“Something bad happened that I didn’t even imagine in my dream, and I have to leave everything I have.” Jin began to be weak when emotions flooded inside him.

“You-“

“Did any of Mrs. Somi's relatives present  here?" A nurse asked coming there.

“Yes” The man stood instantly from where he sat, along with Jin.

*

“Where did you send my Yeonjun? I want to see him.”

The hospital staff began to struggle to hold back the lady, who started to ask about her son once she came back to consciousness.

"No, leave me; I want to find him. He is going back because we scolded him. Leave me; I have to bring him back.”

“Yeobo” The old man came running, hearing his wife’s sound.

“Where is our son? I want to see him. Did you kick him out again?” The lady pulled her husband by his collar and asked desperately.

“I didn’t go anywhere, Eomma."

Everyone looked at the owner of the voice, who silenced the patient with his entrance.

“Yeonjun-ah, my son?”

“Yes, I am your son.”

Jin then looked at the old man, who was also looking at him with an assuring smile.