The protection

A/N : Those who are eagerly waiting for the next chapter deserve a quick update. Enjoy 💜

Jin came downstairs, ready to go to work after there breakfast.He hadn’t seen Jungkook in the room when he finished the shower. He walked towards the corridor when he heard Jungkook’s voice. Jungkook was speaking with someone Jin hadn’t seen before. He is all bulky and had a serious look on his face while speaking with Jungkook.

Jungkook stopped their conversation when he noticed Jin approaching them. He told the man to leave.

“Who is that?” Jin asked when he stopped in front of Jungkook.

"I will explain; first, let's sit inside.”

Jungkook held Jin's hand and walked with him to the sofa after Jin gave him a nod in response. After he made sure Jin comfortably sat, Jungkook held Jin's hands and took a long breath before he spoke.

“Listen to me carefully; I have been doing all these for your safety.” Jin frowned upon hearing Jungkook’s statement.

“Someone has been targeting me and my business for the last few weeks. The tap recorder we heard yesterday and the parcel that was delivered to you—all these are part of his threat. I want both of you to be safe and careful. He can target me using my family. I don’t want that to happen ever. My new project has been successfully moving with KN Corporation, so I cannot be with you all the time. But I promise, I will try my best to spend time with you. Once this project ends successfully, which was one of my biggest dreams, I am going to make some important decisions. We will talk about that later. But for now, you both are my biggest concern. So I hired a bodyguard for you until I end this intruder. Mingyu is a very good person. You can trust him. I am sure he will do his job at 100℅. He will be with you whenever you go outside without me. I want you to understand this and comply with my plan. Do you get it?"

Jin was a little worried after hearing about the threat, but he nodded and  gave him a smile, which made Jungkook content. He pulled him into his embrace and kissed his head.

*

“Can I call you ‘hyung'?”

Jin asked when the silence in the car became awkward for him.

Mingyu's serious expression changed into a soft one upon hearing Jin's question.

"Sorry, I haven't introduced myself to you. I am Kim Mingyu. I was a police officer but got dismissed for a case. I am running a gym currently. And yes, you can call me whatever you are comfortable with.”
Mingyu politely said.

“Why did they dismiss you from the department at this young age?”

“I killed someone." Jin's eyes went wide instantly, and Mingyu continued.

“I killed a criminal who killed my little cousin by drunken driving. I know he uses his money and power to be punished, so I shot him and said that he tried to escape from custody. I spent my sweat and blood trying to find him and arrest him. He deserves to be punished. But his father found it and used his power, and the department dismissed me. I don't care about that job now. If they take hands with criminals, they don't deserve officers like me."

Jin became speechless after Mingyu's story.

"You are amazing, Hyung!" Jin commented after getting out of shock.

Mingyu smiled in return and kicked the break, indicating they had arrived at their destination.

“You can sit inside, Hyung."

Jin said this when he saw Mingyu standing outside his restaurant without coming inside with him.

“Thank you for your concern, Jin. But it will be easier for me to monitor everything from here."