The Sinner

3 years late

“I don’t want to hear anything. Give him the best treatment you ever have, or else I am going to take him to the best hospital in the world.” Jungkook shouted to the doctors in the hospital, who were standing there in silence, afraid to talk against Jungkook.

Jungkook came out of the room, pushing the door harshly open and making a loud thud sound on the floor. He was breathing furiously. He couldn't get over the conversation with the doctors earlier. He held back the tears that were welling up in his eyes to be strong for the person and slowly walked to the chair nearby, where he placed the flowers that he had bought for the patient he was visiting.

He took a long breath and relaxed himself before entering a particular room with a smile on his face.

“You forget again that it’s a patient's floor." Jimin spoke as Jungkook approached him.

“Did you hear everything?” Jungkook asked, placing the flowers near Jimin's bed.

Jimin gave him a nod and looked at the flowers his hyung brought for him. Jungkook never fails to bring flowers every time he visits Jimin. Maybe it's a habit he got from Jin.

Jungkook has been searching for Jin for the past few years, but all his attempts haven’t satisfied him. And he became weaker and weaker day by day. He spent all the time in his house and sometimes visited Jin's restaurant, which is currently run by Hobi and Jisoo. And he ignored his company.

Jimin was the happiest man when Jungkook told him to look after the company for him. He became drunk and cried out loud at night, thinking about Jin and the baby. Jimin always plays his dirty game whenever Jungkook appoints specialists to find Jin. These continue, and time moves like eternity for Jungkook. He was dripping slowly from everything he had. But after two years, Jimin got sick. He was continuously admitted for severe stomach pain. Jungkook was the one who was with Jimin every time. He became strong for Jimin once he learned about the news that Jimin had stomach cancer, just like his father.

He brings him to the best hospitals and talks with the best doctors, but the case is not in their hands. Jimin was actually hiding this from the very beginning, and they couldn't do anything when he was admitted to the last stage of cancer. The only one Jungkook has with him is Jimin, and he doesn’t want to lose him at any cost.

*

“Open your mouth.” Jungkook said showing a spoon full of food in front of Jimin.

“You don’t need to do this. Go to the company and look after things in my absence. I'm sure it’s a mess there because there's no one there to manage it.”

“I know, but it's time to eat. Open up.”

Jimin finally opened his mouth, holding back all his emotions, and looked at his brother, who was for him, ignoring all other important things.

“You are becoming skinnier, Jimin; I will feed you from now on. Don’t dare to skip your food.”

Jungkook warned. Jimin gave him a weak smile and continued to silently look at his heart.

“You should focus on your health like the way you are focusing on me, Jimin.” Jungkook said this when he fed Jimin another spoon full of food.

"What's the point of keeping my health when I am going to die?”

"JIMIN!” Jungkook yelled, hurt, and enraged.

“How many times do I have to tell you it’s a patient's floor? Don’t shout.” Jimin responded casually.

Jungkook tried hard to relax himself and looked away from Jimin.

“Go and take care of your things instead of wasting time on me.”