Surrera - 1950s

He shifted out of bed, the sheets were cold next to him they often are in the morning. "Good morning dad!" Someone shouted in his ear, definitely awake now, "Louise I told you," a woman's voice chased after the two, a third in her arms. "It's alright my love," Robert said smiling as he got out of bed, he kissed his wife and let her wrangle the children plus the toddler out. "Thought I could never get them out," Andy laughed, while Robert was in the shower Andy got dressed and did her hair in the latest style seen on Marilyn Monroe, doing up her zip was always her husband's job. Once both parents were finally dressed the three children were let back in at harrowing speed, "Right my little firemen line up for inspection," they loved it when Robert did that with them, the order was Louise at 7, Micheal at 4 and Edward at 1 barely walking. They liked playing firemen with daddy, out of the ordinary for a girl but Robert didn't mind, "Hey honey do you want to tell them where we're going today," "Where are we going mummy?" "The Fair!" Faces instantly lit up.

The perfect 1950's family, a loving husband, devoted wife, a beautiful daughter and two handsome boys. Getting to the fair was the easy bit, the children into the car is where Robert and Andy had problems, they were just too excited, Edward especially, between his squealing and giggling. Upon arrival to keep help him keep up Andy picked up Edward and held Micheal's hand and Robert ran with Louise. "Sullivan!" Someone yelled, "Chief," the two men shook hands with a smile, "Chief Wilson this is my wife," "Mrs Sullivan pleasure to meet you at last heard nothing but good things about you," "Thank you, glad to know Robert has been spreading the truth, Robert where's Louise? Sorry she runs off," "No no not at all, your children are lovely any future firefighters in the family?" Pleasant chat continued between the lads while Andy and Grace walked with the children to the ferris wheel, "I'm so envious of you and Robert you know," "What do you mean by that?" "Three beautiful children I couldn't even have one, stillborn a few years ago had to have an emergency hysterectomy," "There is always adoption there are hundreds of children who are just looking for a loving mother and farther. Robert and I didn't have much luck either, I'm his second wife about 9 years between us. His first wife was his high school sweetheart she died young and he swore off love," "How did you two meet then?" "I'm a nurse today's my day off, he came in with my dad his old captain with a burn. Hit it off. I was 25 when I got married took three years just to have Louise," "I think you and I are going to be good friends Andy," "I hope so, Micheal get your hands away from that hot oil, this is why you adopt," she joked walking over to take Micheal's hand and put him on the ferris wheel with his sister.

When the ladies couldn't find the gents follow the smell of the liquor and you'll find them both nursing a brandy. "What do you say?" Andy reminded them, "Dad we're hungry," the two older children laughed in unison, Grace sat next to her husband now known as Derick, Micheal next to Robert, Edward in the middle of Louise and Andy. Family barbecue style, "If you two ever want a night to yourselves I would love to babysit," Grace offered, "Oh I'm a teacher I love children," Grace further explained as Robert helped wrestle the boys into eating.

Robert bolted upright, he turned over finding Andy in the bedding. He was confused and studied his surroundings, it wasn't where he woke up yesterday, he recognised it as his house he shared with Andy. "Robert whats up?" Andy asked slowly with a yawn, "I've just had the weirdest dream ever," "What was it?" "We were in the 1950's with three children named Louise, Micheal and Edward," she started laughing but was trying to stifle it, "Oh god I'm sorry but thats funny," he started laughing too, "There were some things in that dream that I liked though," "Oh yeah it better not be the housewife thing," "No it was my sole job to do up your zips," "Now that we can emulate," she teased smirking.