Surrera - Open evening

A little different from my usual oneshots but I thought it'd suit. 19 in secondary school they are all year 9 apart from Robert and Ben who's year ten. They call themselves 19 due to an inside joke. For all my American readers (I am British) I am writing this in UK terms so to help there's a chart above that should clear things up. Years 1-6 are primary school, 7-11 secondary school, 12-13 college/sixth form/apprenticeship. This is based on my experience doing open evening.

19 walked across the quad to there last lesson of the day, maths in 509 with Mrs Hopkins only it didn't mean they were out of school for good. They had to return at 4:30pm to help prepare then run the school open evening till 8. Open evenings were basically where the school is open after hours with activities for each subject for prospect parents looking to send there year 5/6 children here. They were all chosen to help out, Andy and Robert were in humanities, Vic and Travis were in Food Tech, Dean and Ryan were in science, Maya was in PE while Ben was in maths. Miss Eddie made them come in early so they could sign in (basically writing there name on a sheet of paper) and so she could inspect there uniform, smart black trousers, white shirt, house colour tie and navy blue blazer. Andy collected a grand array of pin and merit badges for her blazer. 

At first it was quiet with all the parents in with the head teacher, head student aka head of gold ties (year 10-11 student council) and head of silver ties (years 7-9 student council). They all were outside the house hub chatting freely, suddenly parents pooled out and it was back to work. In the sweetest voice she could muster Andy had to every 2 minutes say, "History is right ahead, Geography is down the right corridor on your left and English is the the stairs to your left," first chance she got to get away from history she headed to the other area she was covering Geography. She had already helped Robert rub out the profanities drawn on the world map this evening, "Hey how's things down your end?" She asked not noticing Mr Jones in the door way, "Not to bad all geography is is a quiz and maps," "True why do you think I put 'humanities'," "That includes RE," they both looked out the window at the upstairs Maths block where RE and Spanish were, "You can go up there if you like," "Nah." 

Meanwhile in science Miss Martin and Mrs Roberts had dressed the corridor up in spooky theme to correspond to there spooky science activities. Dean and Ryan had to tell the younger siblings of prospect students to stay away from the bunsen burns on which they were burning elements that turned the flames different colours. It was relatively easy as Miss Martin refused to allow certain hazards that were people into the 'burn room.' Food tech, Travis and Vic were actively cooking snacks such as pizza rolls or pasta pots, kinda like a role play. Maya was in PE and they got the best gig, light breezy PE kit, music, free drinks and they got to play sports to there hearts content. Maths (AN: not gonna lie I have no clue what happened there as I never went into that block) was peaceful as not many people could find it without help as it was hidden behind the overly long English block. 

Back to Andy and Robert in humanities. The two were in a corner of the history classroom, Robert sat on the book cupboard and Andy on the table opposite him, they were talking about how invincible the Queen is and hows like 95 and still kicking and how amusing it would be if Charles went before her. "Hold still," Robert exclaimed, her hair had gotten tangled in her eagle badge wedging it upside down. Gently Robert unwrapped her hair, his hand lingered longer than it should have, "Thanks Bobby," "You two alright over there?" Mr Lang asked, Mr Williams, Mr Kingston and Miss Burtton were all looking at the pair, "Yeah we're fine," "You don't have to stay here you know you can go check out other departments," the two exchanged glasses but agreed to head upstairs to Mrs Wollaston-Howland's room. Andy had her last tomorrow where as Robert had her 4th. 

"Hi my lovelies!" Mrs Howland cheered as the two came into her classroom, there was a year 6 in there with his dad. Robert recognised him as his roommate Liam when he had his surgery on his leg back in the summer. The two boys chatted while Andy watched the Blood Boys play Miss had playing. Robert joined her when Liam had left, he sat on the table next to her which was coincidentally where they sat respectively in her class. Andy found herself leaning on his shoulder for the last ten minutes of the play. They felt a set of eyes gaze fondly at the two. When you think about it Robert is only a month older than Andy, him being 14 in August and her September. Such a pair. "Come on we've got to head back we've been been gone for almost an hour Humanities would be wondering where the hell we are," Andy wisely stated checking the time. 

They bid there goodbyes to Miss and left for the back English block stairs just down the corridor. They spotted a cone in front of the other three classrooms corridor but after the stairs. "It's a wet floor sign probably to stop people from going down there," "Ah how fun would it be to slide on wet floor with just your socks," "It would be stupid now come on," Andy grabbed Robert's blazer and dragged into into the stair block, "Easy tiger personal space," "I have no boundaries you should know this now." Robert stopped them on the landing, he gazed into her mesmerising chocolate brown eyes, he could get lost in her beauty not just on the outside but within. His lips suddenly collided with hers, she tasted just like he imagined but better, "Bobby," she gasped as they rested forehead to forehead, "Andy I'm sorry, I didn't," "It was perfect, should we give this a try?" "I think we should," they intertwined there fingers before returning to humanities.