Vipley - Dam It Vic!

In this story Vic and Lucas are married and Vic, Ripley is alive and still is chief. Finally Vic is around 7 months pregnant. 

Being on aid car all the time was driving Vic insane! She blamed hormones on how she wants to rip Sullivan a new one but it was all her. It was worth it though, as Travis says 'Gotta protect the precious cargo!' After climbing the stairs into work for what seemed like the hundredth time she bumped into Ben as some sort of difference to this repetitive motion, "Morning Warren," "A little grumpy this morning aren't we?" "Yeah just sick of doing the same things over and over again. Do you know we haven't been called into a five alarm in precisely 2 weeks, three days, 6 hours, 47 minutes and 13 seconds?" "You really have been bored?" "You think!" 

Later on Vic and Andy were laughing their way back to 19 when Andy spotted an uncontained fire. Upon arrival they ran into the factory owner who had gotten out while others were still stuck inside. Vic called it in as the two girls suited up, "Vic your-" "Watch me," Vic snapped back knowing what she was about to say. The two badass women raced inside putting out the flare ups as they saw them and getting others out. 42 showed up to continue the efforts but they found Vic first and dragged her out. "19 aid car stay here to treat the burns and Herrera keep Hughes out here Ripley would murder us if anything happened to her," the Captain joked as Andy held back an annoyed Vic ready to clip him round the ears. Burn victims were coming out in the masses as they fire grew and grew. 

In less than half an hour it climbed to a 4 alarm, 19 were there now as was Ripley. Vic and Lucas kept there distance instead focusing on the task at hand, "Can you spare a medic we've got a severe burn victim?" "I'll go," Hughes announced grabbing a kit, she was gone before anyone could protest. Here's the catch the victim wasn't breathing and had no pulse, they couldn't move him in that state and after several rounds of CPR he was declared dead. The first and only death that fire. "Everybody out now the place is gonna blow," Vic heard Andy yelled over the radio, on her own she tried to get out and was met with Lucas grabbing her shoulders helping her pick up the pace. 

They made it out just in time as the place was engulfed by an inferno, he shielded her and his child as the glass shattered behind them. Vic saw the loving anger in Luc's eyes as she turned to face him, "Chief, Hughes you both okay?" "Think so, now get this fire out!" Ripley barked as the two separated to return to there respective roles. 

Later on Vic was putting away equipment in the aid car and a annoyed Ripley came over, "Move this is gonna be good," Dean chuckled moving to the other side of the aid car, "Hughes a word?" "Yes sir?" "Why did you have to go in there?" "I was the only medic with free hands, everyone else was busy," "Okay okay but if anything happened to you or our child I would die," "I just got sick and tired of the same routine over and over again, aid car, minor engine. I guess I just needed an adrenaline shock, oh hey there mate," "Are they kicking?" Vic stole his hand and pressed it against her bump, they both felt a sharp kick, "See Luc listen to Strawberry," it was there nickname for the baby, "Love you to Strawberry and love you Eggy. But dam it Vic don't do it again." She had that mischievous grin that made him believe she wouldn't promise till she could run head first back into a fire.