HM: Queen Elizabeth II

For thousands she is the only monarch we ever knew. In my wildest dreams I couldn't think of another woman who touched so many hearts as HM The Queen, her presence will be missed deeply. The symbol of our countries pride, our lighthouse in the raging storms HM was a rock for so many. Originally not intended to take the throne, the abdication of Edward, Duke of Windsor upgraded her from HRH: Princess Elizabeth of York to HRH: The Princess Elizabeth along with becoming the heir to the throne. Upon her marriage to her beloved Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh she became the Duchess of Edinburgh going onto live many happy years with her beloved husband. Queen Elizabeth led the United Kingdom into a golden era along with the whole Commonwealth spanning across all continents, she saw many of our greatest and most troubled moments in history including the Irish Civil war, Falklands War, 1966 World Cup, Women's Euros 2022, London Olympics 2012 all her magnificent jubilees including her most recent Platinum Jubilee. I have many fond childhood memories thanks to Her Majesty such as when I celebrated with my Brownie unit her Diamond Jubilee back in 2012, her grandson the Duke of Cambridge attended my local Girl Guiding and Scouting performance troupe's 40th Anniversary  (as a former Girl Guide herself I like to think she would have attended if she could) and of course her Platinum Jubilee where the only reason I wasn't in London with Girl Guiding was because another unit fully booked the limited slots.

That is why I say may Queen Elizabeth II rest in peace. May she be reunited with her beloved Prince Phillip, mum, dad and sister to live forever in Gods hand free of her life long vow.

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II 21st April 1926 – 8th September 2022