Family

NON SHIP! Robert is a 19 Lieutenant under Captain Herrera and Andy is significantly younger than the team.

19 had gotten back from a 3 alarm covered in dirt and laughing all the way back. Sullivan noticed Pruitt's Lock Screen, pacifically a little girl, "Who's that cap?" Sullivan asking taking the phone and showing the others, "My daughter she's 13," "No offence cap but she looks nothing like you," "I get that a lot her mother is European I can't keep track of how many relatives across Europe she has," "So she has quite an interesting backstory," "Yeah pretty much. You should be seeing more of her soon the courts are reevaluating the custody agreement as her mum and stepdad are going back to Europe and Dove has made it clear she won't go," "Is that her name Dove?" Maya asked, "No her name is Andrea her middle name is Dove it's just my pet name for her." They asked more about Andy on there way back.

Almost instantly the group forgot about Pruitt ever mentioning Andy. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" "Captain what is it?" Jack asked as the rest of 19 turned to there cheering Captain, "I got full custody of Dove, I'll bring her by after she's settled in," "Thats wonderful Cap we can help," "No it's your day off," "No we want to help as of," "Tomorrow," Pruitt added, "As of tomorrow she's family, we want to help her pack or unpack," "Okay but be warned her only fault is that she was raised Christian, you'll see what I mean if we run into her mother and stepfather," he shivered thinking about the man.

In the end only Maya, Vic and Travis turned up to help Pruitt didn't complain as after all it was there day off. "Yes?" The fresh faced brunette asked answering the door, "Hi Dad, come in don't be strangers. Who are they?" Andy asked, "Ah sorry this is Maya, Vic and Travis there my crew at 19," "Makes sense, come on I need the extra help." She let them in and they were shocked by the touches of wealth emanating from the house, "Where's your mum and stepdad Dove?" Pruitt asked as she first started placing items downstairs into boxes, "They've already left for Europe they said to take whatever I want within reason of course. Your lucky I've already gone through it within reason so if it has a blue post it note on it pack it." Travis joked with Vic about her enchanting well mannered tone. Going deeper into the house the small group found that of all the things there was Andy wanted to keep the books and the photographs. One thing to note where she only spent weekends every couple of weeks Andy spent her time in the guest room instead of the room actually intended for her so it was basically moving her current bedroom into her new one.

"Andy if you don't mind me asking do you like vintage?" "Oh no ask away, yeah I do like vintage as did my mother. Hence why this place has it's vintage feel," she quite happily answered Maya's question as she slipped old records into a box, "So Andy scale of one to ten how religious are you?" "What gave it away?" She asked thats when he pointed to the cross around her neck, "Oh yeah I would say a 5 or 6. Be careful that has no," just as she yelled at Travis as he picked up a multi draw dresser and they all fell out onto the floor spilling there delicate contents across the floor.

"I'm so sorry Andy," "It's alright god grants me patience for these sort of things," she smiled just throwing the contents back into the draws, "Whats in this box?" Vic asked pulling out a small trunk no bigger than a rucksack at most. "Ah open it and find out," Andy called packing away her clothes and shoes from her wardrobe for her dad to dismantle.

Almost bursting from the box were old letters, documents, newspaper clippings, postcards and photographs. Vic desperately wanted to look through them all but it wasn't nice to look through other peoples stuff.

Took a few hours but they got her stuff packed away and dismantled all that was left to do was gather up her books dotted around the house. Andy was how do you say it, old fashioned (authors note: like me! I'm a mess with modern technology). She loved the feel of actual books and newspapers, that sound of putting a new record on the record player or the buzz of the radio trying to find a station. She loved uncovering the treasures of the past, for some reason the accessories from the 1910's to the 1950's really spoke to her, she felt herself in this. She would pair fairly modern but modest (not her choice) with these vintage elements frequently going full outfit. By far her most prised possession was a diary from a British aristocrats dated in the late 19th century, she got to go through the life of someone in the past.

She was all unpacked and was made to feel like home the next evening. One thing she had to admit she was glad about was that her mum would still pay for her membership with Glasgow Conservatory, a company that offers programs in anything from acting, dance and music to languages, art and poetry. But it also meant she was going to a new school down the road from her dads, it was a private school again called St. Johns High School and that place is gorgeous. It looks more like a castle or a city centre than a school.

Pruitt came in a little late and assumed the team was already eating breakfast so he told Andy to wait outside the beanery. "Is everybody here?" "Oh no Jack went to the gym as he left his jumper in there," they froze in there tracks when they heard an abrupt, "What are you doing here?" From Jack down the hall. He led in the spooked Andy to face 19, "Ah just what I wanted to talk to you about. 19 this is my daughter Dove no wait sorry Andy," "Hello," she quietly waved unsure of what was in front of her, "Welcome to 19 Andy," Dean said pulling out an extra chair for her, "So do you always dress like that?" Jack bluntly said referring to the white lace blouse and blue high waisted knee length skirt, "I'm hoping to change up my style a little I never got the chance with my mum or well I did I just kept it hidden. A couple of stylish friends are helping me later and we're gonna make an afternoon of it," "It's just refreshing to meet a teen who actually talks properly," "Yeah I go to a private school we have to take lessons in dialect and etiquette as in it's apart of the curriculum," "Wow mom?" Warren asked looking to Pruitt, "You can't put a price on a good education is what her mother said."

Andy enjoyed getting to know her wacky family, she was the daughter of 19. On her way home she dropped by with her food tech assignment hoping they'd help her. "Hey look what the cat dragged in!" Warren yelled as Travis and Robert shouted tackle. "Hey guys come on, I need your help with something. I made enchiladas for class and I need an unbiased opinion on them so I can submit my assignment?" "Hey we just got back from call so that'll be our dinner." Her dad laughed coming in and taking the large pot from her school bag. "Hang on I have something for you," Maya chuckled pulling out a bag. The team cheered as Maya slapped the 19 baseball hat on her head.

It was official she was a member of station 19. Weeks went by and Andy came out of her shell started dressing how she wanted to dress, act like how she wanted to act. Andy became the Andy she always wanted to be, the only thing about her that didn't change was she still wore her cross as she always had done. One afternoon she hadn't noticed her class following her back to the fire station, "Hey monster," "Hey weirdo," Sullivan and Vic chuckled as Sullivan lifted Andy onto his shoulders, "Robert put me down," "You heard my daughter Sullivan put her down," "Come on cap don't spoil the fun," "In that case be careful!" Pruitt yelled.

"So this is what you get up to?" One of her classmates said facing the laughing troupe, "Miss Herrera what is going on?" Her teacher asked crossing her arms angrily, "Miss it's alright there my family," "In that case we'll leave you to it." Robert let Andy climb down before they burst out into sheer laughter