Herrera

Despite knowing her dad, after all he was the captain of there station Andy hardly opened up about anything. They knew she'd spent a lot of time in England with her mother's family after they moved out there. They knew she did a lot of her qualifications there.

↘️Writers note, I'm from the UK but I'm 13 when I'm writing this so I'm going from what my big sister has told me/what I have picked up. I don't have many friends my age...↖️

Turns out while in college (UK equivalent to Junior and Senior year, 16-18) she did her out door ed qualifications including climbing instructor, cave in, kayaking, paddle boarding, boogie boarding she's qualified to teach a lot. It was unclear why she returned to Seattle when she had a good life in Gosport, England. It took a while but she finally opened up to them but not about her past in the UK. Until one fateful day.

The day someone from her past came back into her life. They raced into the beanery hungry from the blaze. "Hey who's cooking?" "I cooked last time," Andy shouted as they opened the door to the beanery. A man was sat at their table, he was Japanese for a definite and quite old. "Who are you and what are you doing here? Chief!" Maya shouted, "I'm Captain Maya Bishop of this station and may I ask what you are doing here?" Robert came downstairs again to see the man just calmly sat at their table, "Sir I'm gonna have to ask you to leave if you don't provide a reason for you being here," "I wanted to see if the rumours were true," he said his thick accent breaking his English, "What rumour?" They asked confused, "Andrea will know don't you remember me?" "Of course I remember you Mr Miyagi but what rumour?" "A fisherman was found at the bottom of Hoeford Lake. I think we should continue this conversation in private no?" "Yes, Maya can we use your office?" "Yeah go on."

She showed Mr Miyagi her Maya's office, "Now what rumour?" "A week ago the body of the missing fisherman was found at the bottom of Hoeford Lake. He was missing since you were 17 nearly 13 years, his cause of death was being hit by a car then drowning. Do you know anything about this?" "I do, not much as I was black out drunk. Daniel lost control and hit something then we were dumping something in Hoeford lake what I don't know," "Why didn't you say something?" "And what admit I was underage drinking no way," "Fair enough. Now you mother asked me to give you this. It is very heavy," to his surprise she picked it up with ease. They were her trophies and medals from her karate days, as well as photographs of her and Mr Miyagi from when he first started teaching her karate a 10. At the bottom was her bandana she loved Mr Miyagi's so much she made her own but they looked nothing alike as his was generations old.

"I remember like it was yesterday when you first put that on. Do you still compete?" "Yeah as often as I get the chance, no one here knows. To be honest I keep my stunts under wraps, I can't count how many things I've had to discreetly bin so no one would find out," they laughed over the good times. All the fun they had as Andy spent half her time with her dad in Seattle and her mum in Gosport Portsmouth, all the over the phone karate lessons. "I want to see how good you are?" "Is that a challenge, I thought Karate was for defence only?" "It is." Maya came in saying that it had started snowing heavily and the station was being opened to the general public. That foiled there chances of having a discreet match.

That's when they saw the coach for the finals that night. He was there in the largest part of the barn her competitors there also, it was meant to be the semifinals and the finals that night to compete for the title. She tried to slip away unnoticed but she was spotted. "Hey that's Herrera!" One of the contestants yelled pointing her out, "Great that makes all four of our semi-finalists we can match here," the coach said pulling her out of the shadows, "No not here?" "Why not?" "Read my shirt I'm still on duty and we're snowed in now," "Seattle FD lieutenant, station 19 on your back. It was a good idea, either you fight or you forfeit." She thought for a few moments before nodding her head in agreement, she had worked to hard to forfeit now over a stupid place arrangement. "Maya I'm going to be busy for a while if you want me just shout," she said taking off her uniform in favour of her workout clothes, she didn't even have any of her gear. She came back into the barn, "Can someone lend me a belt I don't have any of my gear here," one of the other contestants through her a spare black belt, a sharp contrast to the blue tank top and black three quarter length leggings, "Where's your coach?" "I am here," Mr Miyagi said nodding towards Andy.

The group kept the noise down till the finals, thats when things got noisy. It was Andy versus her biggest rival Tyler who just happened to be a police officer. Crowds gathered and 19 could no longer ignore it, curiosity killed them as they fought there way through the crowd. Just in time to see Andy and Tyler beat the hell out of each other, Tyler swiped out Andy's leg slamming her knee. It looked painful but she got back up again and won the match. "Herrera that was badass," Jack said looking over the trophy, "I can agree no wonder you were always so bruised, we thought it was because you were banging someone a little to hard, we were right in a way," Miller said as they slammed him one. "Andrea?" "Yes Mr Miyagi?" "It was an honour to watch this match. It is also why I want to give you this," he untied the bandana from his own head and tied it round hers, "Your really giving me this, it means so much to you," "Aye it does but it is handed from one mentor to student when student becomes the mentor. I taught you so you get it," "Thanks," she let out a silent yes limping a little.

"Herrera a word!" Robert shouted (this was after season 3 as Robert got to keep his job) "How long have we been married?" "Almost a year, your point is?" "Why didn't I know?" "Oh um I guess it slipped my mind sorry." She walked closer to kneel on the floor by his desk, then she saw the tab, "Really you googled me?" "Yep Andrea Herrera Olympic gold medal karate champion, who is also active firefighter, married to a battalion chief. How did they find this stuff out?" "Don't look at me, I just use... I just use instagram," "That explains it then." They laughed as Andy told him about all of her passed competitions and her injuries.

"Chief can you and Andy watch the kids in the turnout room they won't stop heading towards the axes," "I'll go," she tried to get up but instantly failed knocking down paperwork, "You alright?" Robert asked pulling her arm around her, "Dam Tyler must of flared up my knee again, where the hell is my bag?" She kept her bag in his bunk as it was a lot bigger than hers, "Here why?" She pulled out her knee brace she'd had it for now half her life, "You should get that checked out with Warren," "No it's fine my knee has been playing up for 15 years now you can thank Johnny Zeb for that."