Andy Herrera - New Start ft. 126 and 118

Basically a mix of 911, 911 Lonestar and Station 19

Andy's POV

What a year it has been, Ryan dying then my dad, a failed marriage, my best friend stabbing me in the back. It hurts seeing flaunting there happiness, even Robert moved on I'm still stuck in the past. Vic and chief are happy, Travis has Probie now, Maya has fixed things with Carina, Ben has just taken in another foster kid, Dean has a girlfriend and Pru, hell even Robert's got himself a new girl. She has met us but he conveniently left out the part of me being his ex-wife, apparently they met at a party 19 hosted and didn't invite me.

I stared at the email my uncle Owen had sent me, Owen Strand he was a NYFD firefighter he was also at ground zero with my dad. He relocated to Austin, Texas about a year ago now with my cousin TK to take charge of the 126. Tragedy what happened there the whole crew killed at a factory explosion, Owen rebuilt the old house and brought in new people. TK recently switched to a paramedic role leaving an opening for a firefighter. Owen graciously remembered that I was having a hard time and offered to give me the job, I took it. I needed to get out of Seattle. Especially now that I've found out I'm pregnant, with Robert's child. I put the paperwork in for the transfer, turns out it's a curtsey to inform FD where your transferring to so as far as they know I'm going to Texas.

I packed everything up on my own, it was cheaper to buy a spacious two bedroom house in Austin than rent a cramped one bed apartment in the cheapest building in Seattle. I sent most of my belongings ahead, I intended to finish at 19 midday Tuesday then leave for Austin early (as in before dawn) Wednesday with the hope that with a pit stop in LA I would get into Austin before the weekend traffic then start at the 126 Saturday. Now I had to tell 19...

With the shift drawing to a steadying close it was now or never, "19 I have an announcement, this has been the best last shift I could ever have asked for. As of tomorrow I will no longer be employed in this house," "Your transferring? Maya can you stop it? Robert? Chief?" Travis questioned, "Sorry Montgomery there's nothing I can do, I've tried to talk her out of it but even I can see she's miserable here," "Hello 'she' is still here. Yes I am transferring but it's out of there hands," "Oh so your transferring departments? Olympia? Everett? Tacoma?" "No I'm leaving Washington and Seattle. I've transferred to a department in Texas," all eyes turned to Chief to elaborate, "Don't look at me it's curtesy to tell FD where there transferring to consider yourself lucky Andy's told you that she is moving to Texas," "When are you leaving?" "Thursday," that was a blatant lie but it was the only way for them not to follow me, "19 won't be the same without you Ands," Maya added, "Trust me in my words when I see that it's been without longer lately than with me, goodbye 19."

I left in there moment of confusion, my last words to them stung but I had to start a fresh. Seattle is just a small town, last thing I wanted was for my kid to grow up like I did. I wrote each of 19 a letter leaving them all on my old kitchen side where I knew they would find them. After a restless night due to morning sickness I got up early packed the last few things, had a quick shower and breakfast before loading the last of my stuff into my car and kick starting the sat nav.

19's POV

We stopped by Andy's Wednesday lunchtime she wouldn't want to be hungover for the 32 hour drive if she was drinking as of late anyway. Dean was ahead so he pounded on the door shouting, "Herrera it's time to party!" They didn't receive a response, one of Andy's neighbours stuck there head out the door yelling, "Miss Herrera left this morning I thought you knew," "No we didn't but thanks anyway," Maya drew her spare key and left them into the now empty apartment. "She truly did leave and without saying goodbye," Vic gasped, Jack was the first to find the letters shouting, "Hey guys she left us each a letter!" Robert was greatly curious as to why Andy left him one as well.