From The Beginning

Andy, Robert and Ryan all lived on the same road growing up. The three of them were inseparable though it was Andy and Robert who fell in love in their freshman year of high school. Ryan was at first hesitant towards them two being a couple as he also loved Andy but it didn't spoil their adventures together. Robert and Andy got married a year after high school, it gave them time to kick start their lives. it came as no surprise they had their daughter Madeleine the same year then there twins Sophie and Ryan two years later.

Robert and Andy are both 33 when her dad had to step down from captain of station 19, they were good friends with chief Ripley so it came as no surprise when he asked Andy directly who she wanted to become captain, "So Andy who do you want to become your captain?" "As much as I want to take it I almost want Robert to get it as he's a captain still working as a lieutenant at the 143," "Okay." "Robert congrats I found you a station, 19," "Lucas Andy is there isn't that against protocol?" "I make the rules, as long as you don't say anything until I get the rule change finalised then it's up to you. Take it then you will be out of Streep's thumb he is loopy," "I know he dips his chips in hot chocolate."

God this was going to be hard especially with a 13 year old and two 11 year olds at home. All it takes is one of them to say the wrong thing and poof. "19!" Ripley yelled coming in as the team came down to the barn, "19 I want you to meet your new captain Robert Sullivan, now Sullivan this team was hand picked by Pruitt he made them a family. Put up with there crappy jokes and you'll be fine, oh and don't mess with Herrera she's the best you have and is not afraid to call you on your ass," oh he knew alright, "Warning taken right then names," "Lieutenant Jack Gibson," "Maya Bishop," "Dean Miller," "Victoria Hughes everyone just calls me Vic," "Ben Warren," "Lieutenant Andrea Herrera everyone calls me Andy or Herrera," he saw a chance to tease her so bad she would struggle not to bite, "So your the famous Herrera I would like a word with you in my office, as much as it is refreshing to have someone call you out I have a feeling you are gonna be a handful." he lead her to the office but as soon as they shut the door they let out a sigh of relief, saying, "Really you decide to egg me on now?" "Yes I couldn't miss the opportunity you know that. So how long can we keep us under wraps?" "Well as far as the law is concerned I'm Andrea Herrera-Sullivan but here I'm Andy Herrera, as long as we build a friendship between us or we say we just realized we went to the same high school then yeah. That would count for us already knowing each other, see you later I'm going to the beanery," she playfully punched his shoulder as she pulled the door over.

The team was eating lunch when Robert decided to implement his plot, he dug out one of their old year books and found the photograph from the dance squad, "Hey Herrera did you go to Showman High you look like someone that was in my class?" "Yeah actually I did, I was on the dance squad?" "This you?" he pointed to someone that was clearly Andy, "No way RipTide Robert, it's been years," "Hey that was your fault," "Says you, you pushed me off. Your face though when I dunked you," "I deserved it," "Uh people who don't know what's going on here," "This baboon on the field trip decided to sneak out with a few others and crank up the wave machine throw me in. Then I pulled him in and dunked him. Never mess with," he cut her off saying, "Yeah yeah I know never mess with the dance squad. I can't believe it's been 15 years," "I know our senior prank was awesome. I can't believe we convinced the jocks to do it!" "Okay now we want deets." They sat round the table to listen to the story of how they got the boys to model bikinis for a day and the girls to dress up as men beards and all. "I remember you got the dance squad to teach them how to cheerlead for the game that day how the school was confused to see the girls come onto the field and the boys cheerleading wearing each others uniform," Robert teased, "You can't say much I still have the photos," "No Andy no please I beg you not to show anyone," she came back with the photos pointing robert out in every single one. Mission accomplished.