Vipley - It's Show Time!

Ripley is still alive and Vic is three weeks of her due date and about to go on maternity leave. Vipley is also engaged. Play the song while reading thats what I had pictured (thank Bones Season 6 episode 23 'Change In The Game).

Vic felt like a walking Hindenburg. She would get stuck in the aid car for heavens sake, if it wasn't for her charm she would have been on desk by now by Sullivans orders. "Guys a little help," Vic called out as she tried to get out of the aid car, "Your stuck aren't you?" Andy asked playfully, "Yeah," "Not before we take lots of photos!" Travis announced holding his flashing phone. "If you don't cut that out I'll clip you round the ears!" Mothers instinct has kicked in already, "Woah mamma chill," the baby started kicking agreeing with her, "See even Star agrees with me!" Star was there nickname for the baby, "Okay stop laughing and actually help her!" Dean yelled as he and Jack got her out. "Thank you!" 

Up in the beanery Vic out of habit reached for a cup of coffee, Ripley rounded the corner and rushed to remove the offending cup, "Eggy we talked about this, no coffee it's not good for you or Star," "One cup Luke, one bloody cup!" Hormones were driving her nuts. To be honest everything was getting on her nerves as of late. She would frequently have to remind Ripley to put the crib together till she did it herself and he took over. "Luke come on, one cup," he laughed before handing the cup to a grateful Sullivan. This was brilliant. *Aid Car 19, engine 19, 657 Peal Avenue* "Mind if I tag along?" Ripley asked, "Go ahead I'm not gonna stop that," Vic rolled her eyes as she raced downstairs. 

Some idiot got his head stuck in the railings at an apartment complex, top it off he was drunk or high though most likely both. This was gonna be a long call. "Sir we have to ask are you on any drugs or alcohol?" Andy friendly spoke, "I had 4 rounds of shots then shot truth or dare. My dare was to stick my head in the railings obviously," Ben had to stifle a giggle. Travis, Maya, Sullivan and Ripley rolled there eyes and got to work, "Sir to pry your head free we are going to have to apply lubricant to your neck and lower head," "Only if that hot pregnant chick does it," they all sniggered at that one but Ripley spoke up to make the dude regret what he said, "That is my fiancé and our child you are referring to." The dude read 'Fire chief' on his helmet and quickly started apologising.

A couple of Greg's (they finally had found out his name) drinking buddies came back out into the stairwell setting off party poppers, silly spray and opening overly loud bottles of champagne/alcoholic beverages. Vic suddenly felt a warm liquid spill slightly down her legs and her water broke. The contractions weren't coming yet so she decided to tough it out and go home afterwards. An hour later, Gregg finally got his head free and he didn't need a hospital check up. After making sure she wasn't looking Travis said over the radio, "Is it just me or is Vic acting weirder than normal?" Maya picked up on it quickly saying, "Yeah she's biting her lip and checking her watch quite a big. A little out of character don't you think?" "Very out of character," Jack added, "Do you think she has gone into labour and not told anyone?" While checking Gregg out Vic had enough and said, "Two seconds, 19 you are on an open channel and I promise you I am not in labour," she crossed her fingers. Dam 19 were so nosy!

She gritted her teeth back to the station not wanting to make any fuss until she was sure that Star was coming. "19 what the hell was that about earlier? I am fine!" Vic snapped, "Sorry like we said you were just acting a little out of character that's all. Any other day you would have laughed and taken pictures," "Guess the hormones are making me loopier than normal," she slowly climbed seemingly taller stairs and up to her bunk. She knew Ripley would come looking for her sooner or later when he was gonna leave, she could tell him them. Vic flopped against the fresh sheets just as another presumed contraction started. To fight the pain Vic drifted into a light dreamless sleep. 

"Chief you joining us for dinner?" Ben asked just as Ripley came in looking for Vic, "Yeah sure, where's my girls?" Luke was team daughter all the way, "Andy's just gone looking for them, remember when we found her asleep under the weights bar. That was funny. Speak of the devils," "Ha ha Travis don't piss off a pregnant lady," they were cut off by the alarms *Aid Car 19, engine 19, 657 Peal Avenue* "Weren't we just there?" Maya asked putting the pie back into the oven. Surprise surprise it was Gregg again, only this time he was stuck in a folding plastic chair. Ripley once again tagged along as he just had to see what he'd done now.

Stairs did not help the contractions and they instantly became more intense, "Vic you okay?" Lie Vic lie! "I think the contractions have started, it's show time people" she froze just as another hit, "Sorry Gregg. Cap Vic's having contractions they are fairly close together I would say around 5 minutes between each one," Luke froze and started racing upstairs to Vic's side, "Hello what about this chair?!" "Oh you can wait! Dispatch this is Aid car and engine 19 one of our firefighters have gone into labour and contractions are extremely close together can you send out another aid car to our location?" "Dispatching now 19." Vic was carefully lead down the stairs by Travis, Andy and Luke then out into 19's aid car. With Andy's history with babies she was driving, she has seen vomit, blood, diarrhoea, sexually produced liquids but babies and the whole delivery fluids make her physically gag. 

"Vic why didn't you say anything sooner your almost 9 centimetres dilated!" Travis yelled as Vic gripped onto Luke for dear life, "Okay my water broke when Gregg got his head stuck in the stairwell," "That was five hours ago!" Ripley gasped, "Oh god I can see the head, Herrera how far are we out?!" "30 minutes at the least, I have the blue and tooes on but the traffic is at a stand still," "It's not gonna be enough time," Vic answered, "I am not having this baby in the back of an aid car," "Vic we're trying it's this darn rush hour traffic!" "You aren't the one with a human in your vagina!" Ripley was laughing good and proper at that one Vic was one wild character, "Well tough Vic we can't wait any longer this kid is coming wether you like it or not so on the next contraction I want you to push." 

Luke carefully adjusted his position so he could be holding Vic close. As the pain radiated through her body Vic fought back with a strong push, "Same again Vic come on you can do it!" "Just a little while longer than we can meet our daughter," "Or son," Vic added onto Luke's statement. She hoped for a boy he a girl, for a boy Vic wanted Xzavier (x-zay-v-er) and Luke wanted Skylar or Reese for a girl referencing when they both met at the skyscraper fire a few years prior. They both snapped back into reality as Vic yet again pushed with all her might, "I've got the head," Travis proudly announced, "Just one more push and you can both meet," "Move you idiot!" Andy interrupted laying it hard on the horn as some jackass cut them up, "Like hello they were in an ambulance with it's lights and sirens on. It means move," "Andy shut up!" Vic yelled not wanting this to be ruined by Andy.

Suddenly a loud cry rang out into the ambulance to the joy of it's occupants, "You have a little girl, dad do you want to cut the cord?" Travis offered presenting the special scissors to Ripley. Carefully he placed a kiss to Vic's forehead as he pulled away to accept Travis's offer. Full of love Luke wrapped his daughter and brought her over to meet her momma, "Hi baby I'm your dad," Luke cooed before laying their daughter next to Vic, "I had a thought what if we call her Skylar-Reese?" "Perfect. I now have two perfect girls in my life." Andy turned the radio on just as traffic cleared, "Dispatch please advise Grey Sloan that we now have a new born on board," Vic couldn't care less TBH. 

Travis swiped Luke's loose phone and started taking pictures of three Ripley's smiling brightly at the camera. He then took his phone out and took one for himself, "Vic can I put it on the chat?" "There gonna find out anyway go ahead," he giddily opened Whatsapp and sent the photo to 19 group chat with the caption, 'Meet 19's newest probie Skylar-Reese Victoria Claire Ripley born September 2nd 2020 at 18:48. Both mother and baby doing fine.' 

Meanwhile with 19.

After saving dumbo Gregg 19 raced to Grey Sloan to await Vic's arrival. Good job they were firefighters as they would otherwise be fire hazards! "Guys check the group chat!" Sullivan announced, cue adoring 19 not wanting to wait any longer to meet Skylar-Reese. Eventually they got to Grey Sloan where more thorough exams were conducted giving both mother and child a clean bill of health. Good news to a paranoid Ripley.