USS Balamory

To all the kids who grew up with the TV series Balamory. You grew up in the best times! I had the song stuck in my head as I was writing this. 

Mixing my two favourite fandoms Star Trek and Station 19!

When she was a kid Andy loved mucking around with electronics, she loved finding out what made them tick. At 14 she built her own advanced AI she called Data, he was extremely advance for a 14 year olds creation. He is a self-aware, sapient, sentient and anatomically fully functional male Android, he thought for himself and acted upon those thoughts. Data was a friend to her. Emphasis on was. She'd just finished him when Star Fleet caught wind (somehow) of her creation, long story short they took him away from her so he would join there ranks.

The two kept in contact at first it was letters till Geordi showed him how to FaceTime and text. Everyday he would ask for her advice or help, nothing could break there bond.

Andy was sat sipping her coffee in the beanery and texting Data. "Hey Andy who you texting?" She looked like a deer caught in headlights as she put her phone down spitting out her coffee, "No one. Just an old friend thats all," Vic leaned for her phone as another text came through, "Ah ha! Who's Data?" "FaceTime him!" Maya yelled holding the phone from Andy's grasp, "Hello? Ell? Who are you?" Data asked utterly confused, "I'm right here only my colleagues thinks this is a good idea!" Andy made sure the others didn't get a good look at Data before she pressed the end call button. "Who is that?" "As I've said an old friend I still keep in touch with," the alarms sounded for an incident at a race track, when Andy heard it was Federation she froze. You see after they took Data away she kinda got desperate to get him back so she broken into the place. She is now not allowed on it and the invisible security barrier certainly helped. How was she to tell Maya, "Uh Maya one problem with me on aid car for this call," "Save it Herrera for when we get there."

The engines blared down the roads as they pulled up outside the track. Andy watched the rest of her team pass through the field, "Herrera come on!" "I tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen so I'll show you," she put her hand up to the field and tried to pass through it but it became solid refusing her entry.

She watched her friends save the man on the track while she was stuck. A pale face dark haired man stood behind the firefighters, "Excuse me why is your college over there?" "The security blocked her out," "What is her name? I wish to strike up a conversation," "Oh Andy, Andy Herrera," his face lit up remembering her friend. "Ell!" He yelled running towards her, he ran straight through the security field and hugged Andy tight. "Data? Data it's been years!" She yelled hugging her old friend, "I remember you weirdo," "Data using nicknames, are your matrix okay?" "I understand the joke but I fail to see why it is funny," "Where's the emotions chip I built you?" "Not using it today," "Thought so. See you around there finishing up with the patient?" "Yeah theres a park down the road, after your shift at 3?" "Perfect. See you later!"

Andy was extremely excited to meet up with Data after shift after all she hadn't seen him in years in person at least.

After hours of reminiscing on the good times they found themselves at Joes Bar. It was mainly Data trying to stop Andy from getting to drunk as Data doesn't drink. "Cheers to, cheers to the good times and times to come," "Like when I would answer your teacher's questions from your school bag," "That was funny," the two laughed at that one. Andy would take Data to school with her in her rucksack and he would accidentally answer the teachers. "Hey Andy who's your man?" Maya called out as Andy took another shot, "I'm am Lieutenant Commander Data of the USS Enterprise," "Data!" "What? Why are you so ashamed about me?" "I'm not ashamed I built an AI at 14 for gods sake. They just didn't know you existed until now. 19 this is Data I built him myself at 14," "Wow Herrera's a smartass." She rolled her eyes and continued drinking, "I'm not ashamed of you I'm ashamed of the memories you bring back. Memories of my crew, my ship, USS Balamory. We were the only two left alive on the bridge struggling to keep the ship together from the stupid Romulan War Bird. USS Berlin saved us. Out of a crew of 500, we were two of only 5 survivors, 485 crew members died that day, each of there names still haunt me. Every single one, I was meant to look after them, I was meant to look after them," she began crying heavily as the memories of her days in Star Fleet came flooding back, "My name isn't Andrea," "Pardon," "I never answered to my first name till I joined Star Fleet. I just couldn't be called by that anymore. I lost my best friend when Balamory went down the last thing he said to me was 'Herrera don't go, don't leave me please,' he was screaming from under a fallen pipe a piece piercing his chest. I promised him I wouldn't leave him but I left him!" She was a mess. Data was trying to comfort her but it didn't work she wanted Ryan. That was his name Ryan Tanner.