Prologue Chapter: Grand Entrance

4 months later......... (May 2024 - Present day)

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"And the times of distress and tribulation we realized was our medicine. The medicine to make it through a gruesome part of our lives. We choked on the air that we breathe when we are born, only to learn how to adapt to the pollution and the chemicals that float through the air. It maybe unhealthy, it maybe toxic, it may cause for death sooner, but the strength brought about trumps the plaguing negatives of it all."

Everyone sits at their desks as they listen intensely to the book that the teacher reads, the teacher holding the purple book that fades into black at the bottom, some of the teenagers having tears in their eyes as they listen, some clutching onto their bags, even some blowing their noses into tissues.

"The ones that thought that the abuse and torment would bring us down were told otherwise when they saw that together through our pact of protectiveness and bravery and strive and to thrive where one's think we cannot...we came out victorious." The teacher smiles. "We Rose..above the ashes." She teacher concludes.

"Encore encore!" One girl cries while all of the students clap in union, some even cheering in the classroom.

"You guys that was Rising Above Ashes. Make sure to buy one of these at the front of the Mall at StarCourt made by yours truly Erica Sinclair. And you all will see the books at the mall made by Erica's older brother...Lucas Sinclair." The teacher motions towards Lucas.

Lucas smiles while everyone claps and cheers. "Stands for the books are all around the mall too."

"Your sister is like a phenomenal writer. Like that is the first book I have ever cried about." One girl says.

"Yes she is a good writer, there is also a Audiobook option available for purchase now. On Apple Books and Kindle." Lucas mentions.

"Oh my god I am so listening to this again, this book was so powerful!" A girl puts a hand over her chest.

"Yes I must admit this is the first book I have ever cried about." The teacher says while looking down at the cover, it being a picture of Lucas and Erica, them both as silhouettes while Lucas looks away at one side while Erica looks towards the other, with their backs being together and them holding hands, the purple background fading into black at the bottom. "Even the cover is powerful."

"I hate your parents by the way with what they did." One girl says while leaning closer to Lucas. "I like so deleted all of your mothers podcasts off my phone. She's like totally dead to me, like literally totes."

Lucas just eyes her for a second. "Thank you for that detailed and rather articulate....statement."

"Oh my god yes!" The girl smiles.

Lucas just turns away, him looking towards his phone to eye the time, seeing that it is only five more minutes until the school day ends. He scratches a little at the light trimmed stubble on his face, him growing in a beard that he keeps shaven to a certain degree, keeping a five o clock shadow shave on his face.

"Alright you guys go on and pack up we have five minutes to spare." The teacher says, her going to hop up at her desk to sit down. "Seniors I know you all are excited for the big graduation party happening tonight and of course you alls graduation! Congratulations!"

"Wooo 2024 baby!" A man yells out making all of the seniors in the class cheer out.

The teacher laughs. "Juniors I know you all are super glad you all are out of hell year going into fun year."