11 | The Dance

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Thursday, September 19th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Ambrose didn't come home until it was close to 2 a.m. I kept tossing and turning in bed and the loud music coming from the car made me nosey for a second.

"Why do you have dark eye circles? Have you not been using the eye cream I gave you from Korea?" Tiffany asks with a raised eyebrow.

She applies a layer of sheer pink lipgloss as she makes eye contact with me through her compact mirror.

"I didn't sleep well last night," I mutter. The lunch for today wasn't that great. I can see why every year some students complain.

One would think that because they're paying over 40k in tuition, that would include better meals. I'm sure other public schools have better lunch options than us.

"Why? Did you have a fight with Ethan or something?" She asks.

I shake my head. "The neighbor was too loud with his friends."

"It's always something with him," Tiffany says.

"Don't start."

"Anyways Ethan is looking for you," she says, "I think he was going to use lunch to do weights."

"Did he say why?" I ask. Ethan and I did speak again after the weird interaction in the library. We haven't exactly sat down and spoken like how we usually do, instead we've only seen each other in the hallways and at lunch.

Tiffany shrugs her shoulders. "I think something about the dance."

I sigh and grab my bag before dismissing myself from the table. I made my way to the other side of the school, next to the football field where the weight room was at.

The weight room wasn't crowded with people except Ethan and a few of the guys on the team. One of which recognized me, causing a ripple of greetings to emerge from the guys.

"Ms Class President!" Johnny, one of Ethan's good friends yells out. "Came to see loverboy?"

His dark skin was glistening with sweat and the other guys were shirtless and or their shirts were drenched in sweat.

"Yeah, where is he at?" I ask, not seeing him with his usual friends.

"He's by the treadmills talking to the coach," Johnny says.

I nod and say a quick thanks as I make my way over to the treadmills. I see the coach is standing with a clipboard in his hands and has a very serious look on his face. Ethan is sitting on one of the benches, not looking too impressed with what's on the clipboard.