09 | The Wild Night

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Wednesday, September 4th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

The cup of water was swirling with all shades of red that was released from my paint brush. I would have to replace the water soon before the leftover murky water ruined the rest of the painting.

I dip my brush into the black paint and as I raise my hand to put the brush onto the untouched canvas, my phone vibrates.

Come out of your cave and come to a band practice sesh with me

I felt a drop of the paint land on my pants as I avert my attention back to the canvas. I sigh and set aside the wet brush onto the palette.

I wipe my hands on a cloth and grab my phone before swiping on the notification. Siouxsie was inviting me over to watch her friend's band play. She's been trying to get me to hangout with her more and sometimes I take up on her offer. Since Evangeline's been busy with her class president stuff, I can't really do my art project without her help. So Siouxsie invites me to hangout or listen to the new records at her store.

What time?

I sent her the text.

A buzz comes through and she accompanies it with a million smiley faces.

Check your driveway :))))))))))))

I set my phone down and headed further down the hall. One of the largest windows of the house looks down on the driveway and just across the street. I see Siouxsie's beat up white honda parked at the end of the driveway.

I see her wave at me and I nod at her.

I slip on some shoes, I grab my phone and house keys and slip out of my room as quietly as I could. My parent's room was below me and I had to be extra quiet so they wouldn't get up and ask questions.

I was positive that they knew I was sneaking off, but no matter how many times they tried to talk me out of it and keep me strapped at home, it wouldn't work. I closed and locked the door behind me before I walked over to Siouxsie's car. She's blasting some punk rock band when I open the door.

"Sorry about the mess, I had to pick up my younger brother and his friends from school." She throws some soccer cleats on the backseats and clears the passenger seat for me.

"The band is actually practicing at some other location and it's kind of a mini party if that's fine with you," she says. She starts messing around with the gps on her phone and starts the route to this mysterious band practice kick back thing.

I've been to a lot of parties but most of them I've gotten too blacked out to even realize what happened the night before when I wake up. I think that was also another reason why my parents wanted to move us. To keep me away from the bottle and to remain conscious.