03 | The Class President

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Monday, August 19th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Evangeline seemed like the type of person you would expect from looking at her appearance. Rich, popular, snobby, and quite the opposite of a class president. Not only did she manage to annoy the literal fuck out of me the first minute we meet, but she also managed to already give me the impression that she doesn't care about anyone else other than herself.

Her friends are annoying as well and just her presence is beginning to give me a headache. The only thing people care about at this school is appearance, popularity, and parties. I fucking hate this stupid rich town and I fucking hate everyone in it.

I decided to ditch the rest of the school day and go home. I know both of my parents are still at work and they will get mad at me when they realize that I came home early. Once the assembly was about to start when lunch was over, I decided to make my way out of the auditorium and towards the bleachers where the field was empty.

Before I could even step foot out of the building and make my exit, she appeared.

"I hope you're not thinking of leaving before the assembly starts," she says with her hands on her hips. She gives me an annoyed look as she stares at me. She reminds me of a chihuahua that tries to act like a big scary pitbull, but instead just shakes and barks.

I blink at her and her face grows irritated by the second. "Are you just going to keep ignoring me?"

That's always the response I get when I don't answer. Still I never give in.

"Whatever," she says with a sigh, "go ahead and leave if you want." She rolls her eyes and marches away from me, heading towards the crowd of students entering the auditorium. I take one last look around before I slip out of the building.

I can smell the freedom once the scent of the fresh cut grass hits my senses and the hot summer sun glared down at me. The field was empty and the gates near the bleachers opened up to the road near the back of the school. It was the perfect way to ditch school.

I knew it would be too early to get home now so venturing out and finding out more about this dumb town seemed like a better idea. Once I got past the large football field and bleachers, I came across the small path leading to the gates with the door.

'Fuck', I thought when I saw the chain around the gate with a lock. I observed the fence and realized that I could easily climb over them. I threw my backpack over the other side and started climbing the fence. I got over just as easy it was to climb up and I landed on the ground with no problem. I took one last look around to see if anyone was watching or following me and I began my exploration.