14 | The Cycle

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Thursday, October 3rd

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Aurora locks herself inside a bathroom stall while her sobs echo in the semi empty bathroom.

"Aurora, come on out! We have to figure out who did it," I say, knocking on the door's stall she just went in.

The girls that were inside were snorting in laughter as they whispered about Aurora's picture.

"Unless you want to be charged with handling child pornography I suggest you delete those pictures," I tell the girls.

They scoff and all leave the restroom, leaving Aurora and I alone.

"That's not even me!" Aurora sobs, "I would never send anyone nudes!" Even if she did, it wasn't my business nor would I have judged her. "This is one of the reasons why I would never! I don't know whose body is photoshopped with my face!"

"Do you recognize the number that they sent it from?"

"No," she says, "But I've been getting threats as of a couple of days ago."

"Wait, let me see those texts," I say.

I hear movement on the other side of the door and the door clicks. The door opens to reveal Aurora with a tear stained face and red eyes. Her mascara had been cried off, pooling around her chin.

She hands me her phone to which it was already opened to various messages. The messages started a couple days before homecoming. The first message was a warning that they were going to get their revenge. The second one were pictures of Aurora of places that she was at; the ballet studio, the ice cream shop, at the mall with her friends, and even outside of her bedroom window.

The messages became even more disturbing by sending her cryptic messages about how they were going to expose every inch of her. Including something she did the summer before. But not once did Aurora reply to the perpetrator. I wonder why.

"What did you do the summer before?" I ask.

Her face turns pale and she shakes her head furiously. "I can't," she says, "I promised I wouldn't say anything. I just can't."

I furrow my brows and ideas are racking in my brain about who could've been sending these threats. It had to be someone that clearly wants revenge, maybe her family has to be a part of this mess too.

I finally scrolled down to the second to last message, an hour before the picture was sent.

I've warned you too many times now. Karma can be a bitch

The last message was:

Did I finally get your attention?

"Why didn't you ever reply?" I ask, handing her back the phone.