31 | The Meltdown

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Thursday, January 9th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Kiss me.

I signed. I couldn't bring myself to actually say it outloud. I don't know where the shyness came from but just for this moment I wanted to experience the moment with my other senses.

His eyes were looking deeply into mine and I couldn't help but flicker my eyes down to his pink soft looking lips. It felt like eternity just sitting there and staring at each other. My heart raced with excitement and nerves.

I couldn't believe I actually said that. There was no way he would actually do it.

"Evangeline!" I hear my mom call from downstairs.

"Shit that's my mom," I say.

It was rare for Josh and I to hear that tone in my mom's voice. It usually meant that one of us was in extreme trouble, and she had only used it once on me when I accidentally broke an expensive vase years ago.

I sigh, preparing myself for whatever was to come. I get up from my bed and leave Ambrose to himself. I don't get the chance to open the door when I feel him grab my arm. I spun around and came face to face with Ambrose.

A mere second is all I'm given when I feel a pair of lips touch my own. I'm taken back, shocked to say the least when I feel the slight tingle, electricity, of the kiss.

He kissed me like I was fragile and I would disintegrate with his touch. So I kissed back to show him that I could also keep up. I felt our bodies get closer to each other like a perfect mold. His arms around my body while mine were around his neck.

"Evangeline! Get your ass down here now!" My mom yelled once more.

I quickly pull away from Ambrose, leaving his lips red and a bit swollen, and covered in the remnants of my lipgloss.

I told him to stay and he waited by the open doorway as I headed down stairs. Both of my parents were standing in the living room looking rather unhappy. Something that I never really saw with them.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"I had a very interesting phone call with your aunt Serena today," my mom says, "she says that you told Jonah some things on Christmas when they came over."

My blood drains from my face. I made my cousin Jonah swear to not tell anyone about Harvard or the pills that he had suggested I take. I don't know what could've made him tell my aunt about it.

"W-what did she say?"

"That's what I want to know. What did that email from Harvard say?" She crosses her arms over her chest.