19 | The Explanation

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Friday, October 11th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

I went straight home after I took a makeup quiz for English. There were still two more tests left to go, but Ambrose said he would help me study for those. Not that I needed a lot of help, but just his presence has given me a calming effect. I feel more grounded, like we get each other more than other people do.

"The same dude from Wednesday is here again," Roman says, sticking his head into my room.

I raise an eyebrow. "Who? Ethan?"

"The one that looks like a jock," he says with a deadpan look.

"Oh, what does he want?" I ask. A feeling of nervousness begins to creep from the pit of my stomach.

"Evangeline?! Angie!" I hear Ethan's voice yell out from outside of my room, not giving Roman a chance to say anything.

Roman steps to the side and Ethan appears at my door. He's holding a bouquet of pink roses in one hand and a small gift bag in the other. Roman gives me a questioning look, asking if it was okay for him to leave us alone, I warily nod at him. Roman steps away and leaves the door wide open.

"What're you doing here?" I ask.

"I wanted to come and apologize to you," Ethan says.

I feel my body stiffen when he takes a step forward. "Apologize for what?" I ask cautiously.

He hands me the bouquet of flowers and it takes a lot of strength to not let him see that my hands are shaky. I observed the bouquet that was wrapped in pink cellophane paper. I don't even like pink roses. The smell of roses makes me nauseous.

"I wanted to come here and tell you that I made a lot of mistakes in my life and I'm sorry for taking my anger out on you. I didn't mean to yell at you and make you feel like shit after," he says, "I only said that about Tiffany just to make you jealous, but none of that was true."

"What part wasn't true?" I ask.

"About Tiffany and I. I swear that I never did anything with her," he says, shaking his head.

"What about the stuff I found in your bathroom? And what about your sweater I found in her room?"

His eyes round. "We never did anything. She's just been obsessed with me I swear. I didn't mean to entertain it, but she took it too far."

"And I'm supposed to believe that?" I scoff.

Ethan moves a bit too quickly for my liking and kneels in front of me. I gasp in shock as he grabs one of my free hands and goes down on his knees. "E-Ethan?" I choke out.