21 | The Blame

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Saturday, October 12th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

I wanted to fucking kill him.

I wanted to bash his head in and make him get what he deserved.

The things he gave her weren't even close to what Evangeline has expressed that she likes. She's always worn silver jewelry. From the studs in her ears, to the heart locket she wears, and the small diamond ring on her right middle finger. Those things weren't hard to notice.

Evangeline was the epitome of an angel. Hell it was even in her name. There was no way something like that could've happened to her. I didn't want to believe it, but the signs were there. The cloudiness in her eyes, the dark circles from the lack of sleep, and the way her eyes would glaze over like she wasn't present.

My parents had often said that I would go through the same things. I would stay up all night and just do anything to keep myself awake. I'd watch horror movies, play new riffs on the guitar, or just stay out of the house and party until I passed out from near alcohol poisoning.

Murderous thoughts clouded my mind while I was in the shower. I never thought of harming someone for someone else. Hell I didn't even think of getting back at Sandra. I don't even know how long I stood under the water for until I snapped out of it. I reached for the bottles she had on the ledge of her shower.

'Strawberry Pound Cake' I read the label of a bottle that had the consistency of shower gel. It smelled like her. This was her signature scent. I lathered myself with a decent amount of it and the entire bathroom was beginning to smell like strawberries. I can't lie and say that the scent wasn't mouthwatering. I don't mind smelling fruity for once.

After some time, I decided to finally get out. At the same time that I had stepped out, Evangeline was coming inside of the room with some clothes and other things in her hands. She stood there for a few seconds just looking at me.

Has she never seen a man before?

I know she was trying to get into my mind but I just feel like I could be vulnerable with her that easy. I needed to get to know her better and have full trust in her. We've only known each other for less than three months and she's already known more than what I let people on.

Siouxsie didn't know anything about what had happened at home. Why I moved here in the first place. She didn't need to know because it wasn't something I wanted to talk about. She was my outlet to go to parties and forget and live for something other than to just survive. I admit that she did take things too far and I somehow always went back to her.

That was my toxic trait. Going back to a girl that's done a lot of damage and hasn't helped me out in any way. I guess I wasn't that worthy of the kind of love you see in books or movies. I'm the type of guy that takes any kind of hits the girl gives.