10 | The Risk

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Wednesday, September 18th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

I've been working day and night on planning the homecoming dance and making sure the fire doesn't disrupt anymore of the club's meetings. For the last two weeks, I've been approached by a bunch of clubs demanding that I find a way to fix their inconvenience. Mr. Vince was no help at all when it came to fixing that problem either.

"I hate the way this one looks on me," Tiffany groans. She looks at herself in the mirror one last time before ripping the dress off of her and tossing it on her bed.

Tiffany hasn't been able to shut up either.

"What's something about it that you didn't like along with the others?" Maya asks.

I continued to sketch out the school's gymnasium and where I was planning on putting the decorations and props. The budget was set and the props were halfway done. All I needed to do was show the rest of the dance committee where everything was going.

"The neckline, the color, and the length. They're all wrong!" Tiffany sighs.

Tiffany had invited the both of us to come over and help her choose a homecoming dress, but she wasn't even asking for help. She just stood there and complained about every dress she put on.

After about an hour, Maya was the one who tried to help her out while I just stuck with planning the dance.

Tiffany's ringtone goes off for the third time in the last hour that I've been here and she picks up her phone. She smiles at her screen and puts the phone back onto her desk.

"I guess I'm going to have to cut this short. I have a date tonight," she sighs dreamily.

"With who?" Maya asks.

"The same guy I've been seeing," Tiffany answers with a smirk.

"What's his name? Maybe I have him for a class," Maya says.

"Edmond," Tiffany says.

"I thought it was Erin?" I ask.

Her eyes widen as if she's been caught red handed. I know for a fact she told me her mystery date's name was Erin.

"That's his middle name," she brushes it off with a chuckle. "Anyways, I'm sorry to kick you guys out, but I have to get ready since he's on his way in about twenty minutes."

Maya grabs her bag and I start to put my stuff away. "I'll meet you outside," Maya says.

She leaves the room and Tiffany walks into her adjacent bathroom. I hear her rummaging through her skincare products as I sling my bag over my shoulder. As I'm about to leave, I notice something familiar sticking out of her dresser in front of her vanity mirror.