26 | The Mix Up

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Friday, November 15th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

I've never been deep inside the dark neighborhood of Florence until now. I was awkwardly waiting inside Dimitri's car while he was inside some sketchy looking trap house. It had been an hour and it was almost getting close to midnight. My dad must've been texting me, wondering where I was and why I haven't come home yet.

I wasn't looking forward to the scolding or if I was going to be grounded. It's not like I have been going out to parties or anything this entire time. All of my free time has been spent at the hospital with Ambrose.

I finally see Dimitri's figure emerge from the small run down house with a black bag in one of his hands. He opens the back door behind me and tosses the bag onto the backseat and finally comes around to the driver's side.

The car comes to life again and he starts to drive back towards Hollow Grove.

"What's in the bag?" I ask quietly. I was probably stupid for asking, but I was quite curious. I wanted to know why Dimitri was seen as a threat and what he had going up his sleeves.

"Drugs," he says bluntly.

"Drugs? What're you doing with drugs?" I ask, eyeing the black bag.

"Business," he says. He starts the car and doesn't say anything else.

I wasn't going to try and pry more information out of him so I let it be and let him drive me home. It was still raining pretty hard and I was grateful that I didn't have to walk home alone. We reached my house in no time and Varushka came out of the house holding an umbrella.

"Chto ty zdes' delayesh'?" Varushka hisses at him. (Translations: What are you doing here?)

I look at both siblings and Dimitri is standing there without a care in the world while Varushka is glaring at him.

"Bringing her home, what does it look like?" Dimitri rolls his eyes and Varusha averts her attention back to me.

"Your parents are sleeping so they won't know you came late," Varushka says.

I nod at her and she escorts me inside of the house while dodging the rain. I stand by the doorway before I turn to face Dimitri.

"Thank you for bringing me home," I say, nervous to even look up at his eyes.

"Sure," he mutters.

I leave both siblings to talk and shut the door behind me. I find both of my parents passed out on the couch with teacups sitting on the coffee table. I'm assuming Varushka had slipped some sleeping pills into their drinks in order for me to sneak by. I owed her one.