39 | The Storm

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Monday, March 24th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

The look on Ambrose's face held one of desperation. He was pleading with his eyes to get me to stay.

To say that I was in shock was an understatement. I didn't know what to actually say or explain my feelings.

"E-evangeline," he says again.

"You can speak?" I ask again.

Can we talk? I can explain all of this.

He goes back to communicating with his hands. It seemed that was all he could say so far and lost the courage he had.

"What's going on? What are we doing here, Ambrose? Who was that girl?"

"H-her name is Jezabel. She's my ex-girlfriend," he says.

"Why were you with her, Ambrose?"

The unsettling feeling was beginning to take over my body. I didn't want to know if they had done things or not. Whether he came back here because he wanted revenge or because he missed her.

I came here to be with my friends. To talk to Logan so he can help me figure out my situation. Jezabel was already here when I found him.

"So you two didn't...?"

He cocks his head with confusion and then his eyes widen with realization. He shakes his head. "N-no. No. God no."

I sigh with relief.

"I-I wouldn't d-do t-that," he stammers. His eyes are glossy and he looks at me with pain in his eyes.

"Let's go back home please. We can talk about everything," I suggest.

I don't want to go back there. Those aren't my parents. I can't look at them.

"Ambrose, I understand. But you can't stay here forever. This place isn't good for you."

I watch the people that Ambrose claimed as home take part in things he said he wouldn't want to do again. If I didn't come and chase after him, would he have fallen in the dark place that he fought so hard to get out of?

I don't want to leave yet. I'm staying with Logan.

"Fine. Then I'll stay here with you and we can talk things out," I say.

He nods and reaches for my hands. "I-I'm g-glad you're here," he says quietly.

He was so soft spoken and that's not something that I thought he would be if he were to speak. Now that I'm actually hearing him speak, it sounds like the impossible is now possible.