24 | The Butterfly Effect

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Thursday, October 31st

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

The carnival was packed with people dressed up in their costumes and scare actors doing their best to scare the visitors that were coming into the carnival. Aurora and I were standing by the picnic tables waiting for Maya and her little sister, Marisol, from getting cotton candy from one of the stands.

"Where's Tiffany?" Aurora asks, looking around the carnival fair for the familiar blonde. She was dressed as the black swan and I had to help her with the eye makeup because it took the longest.

"She said she's on her way, but that was twenty minutes ago," I say, sighing at the time on my phone.

Ambrose was also on his way. I don't think he cared that my other friends would be here since he doesn't really talk to them, well except for Maya and I think he likes Aurora. I know for a fact he finds Tiffany annoying and as does she.

"Look, it's pink!" Marisol screeches as she holds up her bright pink cotton candy. She wanted to match costumes with Maya so she became the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz and Maya had on a Dorthy costume, complete with the ruby red sparkly shoes.

"Don't eat it all at once! You still have to eat after," Maya scolds as Marisol takes a bite out of the candy. "The others aren't here yet?" She asks.

I shake my head and Aurora points to where the Maze of Mirrors is at. "I think that's Tiffany," she says.

Sure enough Tiffany was walking through the group of people waiting to get into the maze. Ironically she was wearing the nurse outfit that Ambrose and I were joking about. Then Ethan comes through wearing a matching patient outfit. Unbelievable.

"Are they matching?" Aurora asks, looking at the two headed towards us.

"Yup," Maya says.

"Her dress is too short," Marisol comments beside me, then taking a piece of the cotton candy.

"Hey guys!" Tiffany greets us, wide smile and all. Her hair was pin straight underneath the nurse hat.

Ethan trailed behind her with matching scrubs and gave me a small smile. "You guys are matching," I point out.

"No, I'm the villain that's dressed like a nurse from the Kill Bill movie," Tiffany says, "Ethan's was last minute. I mean the stitches and the bruises added to the look so we thought why not!"

I force a smile on my face. "Cool."

"What are you supposed to be, Tinker Bell?" Tiffany asks, running her eyes over my outfit.

I was wearing a silk white dress with feathered wings and some random white heels that my mom let me borrow. Aurora helped me with the makeup to give me a more angelic, euphoric look. I was supposed to be an angel. Halloween costumes weren't my expertise and I wasn't about to spend the entire day trying to find something to be.