18 | The Saviors

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Wednesday, October 9th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Evangeline looked quite embarrassed when I realized that I had fallen asleep on her bed. I guess she had forgotten what happened prior to that. I will say that it was one of the best naps I had ever since moving here. I couldn't even stand being alone in my room thinking that Sandra would sneak in there and get me. Even with the doors locked, I still felt a sense of paranoia creeping around.

She had invited me to stay for dinner and I was willing to, but then I saw Roman standing there helping Varushka set the table up. I had to get out of there before he saw me and asked questions. I still didn't get a chance to ask why he was in Evangeline's house in the first place.

I didn't actually have plans with Siouxsie. I just wanted to get out of the house fast without making up a dumb excuse. Except the excuse I used was dumb. I couldn't forget the look on her face when I told her that. She looked...disappointed.

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Friday, October 11th

────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

"Then he said that if I don't bring my grades up, the position is going to Jane." Evangeline grumbles as she takes her notebook out of her bag.

My eyes move down to her lips that are in a pout. She usually wore light makeup to school. The mascara, the lipgloss, and the rosy blush. I noticed it all, I mean it was quite obvious when girls wore makeup.

But these past few days, I've noticed that she hasn't worn any to school. I noticed that her freckles were more prominent, scattered on the bridge of her nose. A small scar was also on the bridge of her nose, a small indent, almost faded. I figured it was from a childhood fall or something.

"I can feel you staring at me," she says. She has a small grin on her face as she looks at me.

Her big brown eyes searched around my face like she was looking for something. I see her eyes flicker between my eyes and my mouth.

I think you're better than Jane. You shouldn't stress yourself out too much.

Her lips curve up into a soft smile. "I'm trying, but I also have to make sure I pass the quizzes. I have to stay late today and take a makeup quiz," she says, rolling her eyes.

You're smart. Nothing to worry about there.

She chuckles. "And I have to finish my applications too," she sighs.