12 | The Pattern

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Thursday, September 19th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

*Content Warning Ahead*

Siouxsie picked me up from school today and dragged me to some random guy's house. She said that he was throwing a party and all of the people I met at the band practice session would be there.

"Ambrose!" Blue greets me when I get out of the car.

I'm also greeted with the sound of vocal screaming coming from the backyard of said house. A lot of people wearing punk rock attire pass by us and toss us a couple weird glances. Mostly because I'm dressed in my preppy school uniform and standing next to two people that clearly fit the punk rock aesthetic.

What're we doing here?

I show Siouxsie my phone and she grins.

"We're here to get all sorts of fucked up! Someone at the record store gave me the invite!" She says excitedly. She points out another old sedan pulling up. "Look, it's Gretch and Thomson."

The duo comes out of the car, Gretch with her bright pink hair into two high pigtails. The idea of coming to these things wasn't planned and I was still pretty tired from coming home earlier in the morning today.

I was pretty much falling asleep in all of my classes and was looking forward to taking a nap when I got home.

"Come on, let's go inside!" Siouxsie grabs my hand and drags me towards the open fence of the backyard.

The others followed behind and I was already swamped with a huge crowd of people. There was a band on stage playing some songs while the crowd were moshing against each other and jumping around.

Siouxsie doesn't let go of my hand and continues to drag me to the side of the crowd where the back sliding door connects to the house. The house was even more crowded than it was on the outside. Everyone was watching the band and headbanging to the instrumentals as the singer just screamed out the lyrics.

I see Gretch and Thomson join the crowd and head into the middle as they join the mosphit and the crowd just swallows them whole. It just looked like a swarm of people swaying together. The sight of the crowded backyard was beginning to give me an anxiety attack.

I let go of her hand and tried to move back towards the beginning of the house, trying to get away from the people that were trying to push me and others to get to the front. I was pushed around like I was nothing until I hit a wall where it was somewhat less crowded. I lost sight of Siouxsie and instead was surrounded by people that were actually doing drugs.

My eyes widen at the sight of a needle going inside a girl's thin pale skin. She grins in euphoria as she injects the substance. I push myself away before I see the after effects of the drug taking place.