22 | The Long Week

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Monday, October 14th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

My heart was racing from the close proximity that Ambrose and I were in. Holy shit we almost kissed.

We almost kissed.

"Why are you red?" Josh asks me while I'm standing in front of the front door.

I didn't even realize that I had been standing there like an idiot for a good five minutes digesting what had just happened.

"No reason," I say too quickly. I push myself off the door and run up towards the stairs, avoiding any further awkwardness.

I decided that by studying for the makeup exams I could easily distract myself and not think about what could've occurred. But even while actually studying, I still couldn't get Ambrose out of my mind.

Three hours into my poor attempt at a study session, my phone rings with the familiar tone of a video call coming in.

Ambrose was calling.

I was already in my pajamas and I had taken my contacts out and was wearing my glasses. It was too late for me to look how I usually do so I quickly fixed my hair as best as I could and propped up the phone on my desk and answered with a shaky hand.

Ambrose's face appears on my screen and a slight smile appears on his face. He then cocks his head and squints at his screen.

You wear glasses?

There's a slight smirk on his face when he asks me this.

"I actually do. I only started wearing contacts as of a few years ago," I say sheepishly.

It looks cute. He smiles. I actually called you because I'm stuck on a couple of questions on this calculus extra credit assignment.

"Let me see," I say.

He moves his phone around and flips his camera to the worksheet with multiple complex math problems.

"Oh those are pretty easy," I say.

It took almost thirty minutes to explain the rules and the concept of the equations to Ambrose before he finally understood. I watched him in silence as he finished the rest of the problems while I continued to study.

I couldn't help but glance ever so often at my screen and notice how concentrated Ambrose looked. He looked cute?

He looks up and there's a small smile playing on his lips.

What?

I shake my head. "It's nothing."

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────