37 | The Truth

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Friday, March 21st

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

"What did you want us here for?" Aurora asks as she walks into an empty classroom with Maya by her side.

"I have to talk to both of you about something. Well the both of us," Tiffanys says, glancing at Evangeline.

"What's going on?" Maya asks.

"Well as you know, Ethan had become aggressive with me. He wasn't the same as when we first made things official," Tiffanys says, "He hit me and took advantage of me. I wasn't the only one that he did this to, so I want to change that. I want to get back at Ethan."

"Is this true?" Maya asks, looking at Evangeline for confirmation.

Evangeline nods. "It's true. He did the same thing to me."

"What?" Aurora asks, shock written on her face.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Maya asks, hurt evident in her eyes. "You didn't have to live with that secret."

"I know, but I just didn't know what to say. I was trying to figure things out on my own and trying to accept what had happened," Evangeline says.

She looks at me and interlaces her hand with mine. I gave her hand a squeeze to show her that I was listening and understanding everything she was saying.

"So he's just been walking free since then? When did this happen?" Aurora asks.

"This happened to me back in October. I was trying to break up with him, but I was afraid that he would go further with the violence. It wasn't until he broke up with me that he committed to Tiffany," Evangeline explains, "I told Tiffany, but at the time she didn't believe me."

"And I'm sorry for never believing you. I should've trusted you more than a boy," Tiffany says, a look of deep sorrow in her eyes.

"I'm past that thanks to Ambrose," Evangeline says, a smile reaching her eyes. Her cheeks are dusted with a light blush and her eyes are round and bright.

I could never get tired of her appearance. There was always something about her that had me looking forward to seeing.

"So what's the plan? Talk to the cops about it?" Maya asks.

Tiffany shakes her head. "No, I want to get back at him. I want to do something that'll ruin his life. I want him to suffer just like we suffered."

"You're not planning on torturing him, are you?" Maya asks.

"No, hell no. We just need him to confess. We both saved the clothes that we wore when he attacked us. His DNA is on them and Tiffany documented her bruises," Evangeline says, "she has multiple pictures of her bruises."