28 | The Break

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Monday, November 25th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Ambrose was awake. He looked around the room and began to recognize everyone that was in here. He was able to communicate with me and hold a conversation minutes after waking up which surprised me. After his mom called for the doctor, she contacted his dad, announcing that he was finally awake.

I stayed for about an hour more until his dad came and they all reunited with him. I saw how happy his parents were and I didn't want to sit there awkwardly so I excused myself and told Ambrose I would see him again soon.

That was three days ago. We hadn't spoken since then.

"He's doing pretty good," Maya says over the phone.

I continued to pack my things while we spoke on the phone.

"How is his leg healing?" I ask.

"He's going to be bedridden until his leg heals just fine. He can walk a bit once he starts to feel more feeling in his leg," she says.

I zip up a suitcase and set it to the side.

"Can you do me a favor? I've collected pretty much every assignment he's been missing. I added it all to a binder and I want you to give it to him," I say, pulling out the said binder and putting it onto my desk.

"Sure, I'll swing by and give it to him tomorrow since I have to help my mom make the tamales," she says, "the entire family is coming over for Thanksgiving and it's going to be hectic."

I chuckle as I remember getting invited to one of her holiday family parties. The loud music, the crazy family members that gossiped all night, and the savory foods that she would force me to take back home because they would have a bunch of leftovers for days.

"Sure, no worries. I just wanted to give it to you now since I'll be leaving soon to Montana."

"Is your cute cousin going to be there?"

"Maya I have many cousins, you're going to have to be specific," I say.

My dad's side of the family lived in Montana with large acres of land, hundreds of livestock running around and lived in huge ranch style mansions. The only thing that I liked about going there was just seeing my cousins and getting away from this silly little town.

"What was his name? Tyler?"

"He's literally three years older than us," I snort.

"Yeah, but just tell him I said hi. I'm sure he remembers me from last Christmas when I spilled the hot chocolate on him," she says, giggling.