38 | The Bad Trip

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Saturday, March 22nd

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

He left.

He actually left me.

I charged back to the cabin to find the girls and found them where our meeting was held.

"There you are," Tiffany says, annoyance written on her face.

"I have to leave. I need to catch up with Ambrose," I say.

"What does he have to do with this? It's Ethan we're worried about. He fucking left!" Tiffany's voice raises at me.

"Because you fucked up! Ambrose left and I have to go find him!" I yell back.

"I didn't fuck up! I just wanted him to be stopped!" Tiffany yells back.

"Wait what happened? Talk to us, Evangeline," Aurora asks, concern written on her face.

"I don't know," I answer, "I just have to find Ambrose." I grab my overnight bag with clothes that I would use over the weekend.

We were going to stay in Aurora's cabin for the weekend to kickstart our spring break, but with the recent news that Ambrose dropped, there was no reason for me to stay.

I ignore the looks from the girls and Arson as I leave the room. I feel a pair of feet trailing hot behind me and a hand grabs my arm. They force me to turn around and face them.

"Where are you even going?" Tiffany asks, "You don't even know where he left!"

"Stop it Tiffany! I have my own shit to worry about now. You can worry about Ethan and find some other way to put a stop to him, but I have my own problems to deal with." I remove Tiffany's hand from my arm, walking away from her.

I found my car in the midst of crowds that were surrounding it and made my way to the ferry terminal.

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

I knocked on their door and waited seconds before the door finally opened.

Jen stood there in the doorway with red puffy eyes. It was obvious she had been crying and the tear stained face confirmed my suspicions.

"Jen," I looked at her in shock, "Where's Ambrose?"

"He left," she says, sniffling, "I don't think he's coming back."

"What happened? What did you say?" I ask.

"He knows. He found out and I told him the truth," she sobs, "he's gone. I know he won't come back."

"Do you know where he went?" I ask, worried that Ambrose left for good.

He can't just get up and leave. I have to find him and talk to him. I have to be there for him.