06 | The Game

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Friday, August 23rd

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

The week flew by as I kept busy trying to make sure everything went well with preparing for Homecoming. The game was today and the dance would be next month. Jane has been on my ass making sure I wasn't fucking up or anything and frankly, it's been really annoying.

Ethan was getting on my case about not attending his practices so I've been doing that for the past couple of days. I felt bad about not helping Ambrose with his project, but he's been talking to me here and there.

He still has his earbuds in his ears in some classes and in others he lets me practice sign language with him. I've made him laugh maybe two times and when it does happen, it's like he becomes embarrassed and goes back to being serious again.

"Are we still going to that after party after the game?" Maya asks.

"Yeah, are you guys?" Tiffany asks, "I know I am, but little miss studious over here would rather study for finals like three months ahead."

I roll my eyes and scoff at her statement. "For your information I actually was planning on going for a little bit."

"You should just get a ride with us," Maya suggests.

"Well I was going to change and then head after," I say.

"Then I'll go with you," Maya says with a smile.

Ethan comes through the cafeteria doors and gives me a wink when he sees me already sitting next to his spot. He comes directly to me and gives me a peck.

"Can you not do that while I'm eating," Tiffany says with a feign gag. She hasn't touched her bland green leaf salad and instead has been picking at Maya's bag of chips.

"You do realize those chips are almost 200 calories for every five pieces you eat," Ethan points out.

"Are you saying I'm getting fat?" Tiffany arches an eyebrow.

"Well your figure has been changing," Ethan says. I blink at his response and look at Tiffany's face. She gives him a glare and Ethan just smirks. "But you do look nice today. You always look better with your hair up."

Tiffany's wavy blonde locks were up in a high ponytail with two strands of fringe framing her face. She gives him a smirk and there's a look that they're exchanging that I've never seen before.

I clear my throat and they both release eye contact. "So are you guys still able to help me make those posters tomorrow?" I ask the table.

I was going to be working on my campaign posters this weekend to have them up by Monday morning and that way when it's time for the school election day, they've already heard my name.