44 | The Final Nail

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Monday, April 25th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

A slow song began to play from the speakers as it echoed throughout the gymnasium. Majority of the couples stayed on the dance floor while groups of friends stepped to the side. I watched them from the table we all sat at after we continuously danced for hours.

My feet were beginning to hurt from the stiff heels and decided to take a break. Ambrose had joined Logan outside for a smoke since Logan was growing antsy and needed his daily dose of nicotine.

"Would you like to dance?" I hear Emory ask Aurora beside me.

She looks at Emory with a blush on her face. She looks over at the dance floor and nods her head slightly. They both walk over to the dancefloor hand in hand. I never imagined them to be some sort of couple, although I never really even asked what they were.

My eyes looked over at the crowd of couples and instantly spotted Maya and Oscar dancing within the middle of the crowd. It's been a while since I've seen Maya look so happy and bubbly with a guy that she likes.

My eyes then see Logan walk up to Tiffany who stands by the drinks as they also head towards the dancefloor. After all the bickering Tiffany did with Logan, I was surprised that they even decided to come together to the dance. Even though they were polar opposites they did look pretty good together.

I felt a hand graze my bare back and I instantly looked up to meet Ambrose's eyes. He holds out his hand towards me, inviting me to take it.

I slip my hand into his warm one as he gently pulls me towards him. He leads the way to the dance floor and others break away, making way for us to come through. I can still smell the hint of smoke on him as we stood in close proximity. We start off slow by swaying side to side once his hands take place on my waist.

Luckily for me, Ambrose wasn't too tall to the point I had to go on my tippy toes to wrap my arms around his neck. All throughout the night Ambrose managed to never leave my side and Tiffany was right about one thing, he couldn't keep his hands to himself.

His hand always lingered on my back or around me whenever we weren't dancing.

"We finally got our dance," I comment at the realization that we haven't been able to dance together at any of the dances.

He ditched the first homecoming dance and I was grounded for the winter dance.

"Yeah we did, didn't we? Maybe the next one will be at our wedding," he says so nonchalantly.

It took a couple of seconds for my brain to startup and take in what he just said. My mouth gapes and he chuckles at my shocked facial expression.

"You can't just drop shit like that," I scoff.