35 | The Daydreams

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

Thursday, March 20th

─────── ☆*・゜゚・*♡ ───────

It's been a little over a month ever since Evangeline and I talked about our feelings and my darkest secret. I felt relief when the weight was lifted off of my shoulders as I talked about Sandra. It felt good to let her know what was going on and not keep it in the dark like I had all these years.

I know she had questions, but she didn't ask them right away. I think she could sense that I didn't have a lot of answers nor did I want to talk more about the topic.

Other than that, things have been going well between us.

"We're going to be late if we don't leave now," Evangeline says from her bathroom. "I promised Aurora I would be front and center!"

Today was the spring recital for Aurora and the other ballet dancers. She's been working hard and practicing her routine ever since the beginning of the year. She wanted us to show up and support her in case her parents didn't show up.

"You have the flowers right?" Evangeline asks, coming out of the bathroom, fixing the strap on her white blouse.

I nod. Everything is ready to go.

"Good, we should go now," she says.

The school wasn't as packed as Evangeline made it sound like it would be.

Not a lot of ballerinas went to our school, but it was enough to make big productions for their recitals and show off their talent. Aurora was the only one who was taking dancing seriously, the other girls just did it for fun and to replace one of their classes with an elective.

Families and friends all walked towards the same direction of the auditorium where the recital was being held. The stage was decorated with bright spring colors, flowers, and lights. Everyone was taking their seats all while Evangeline dragged me up to the front where she promised Aurora we would be.

"Evangeline," a woman calls out her name, "how good to finally see you. It's been months since you've been around." The thin woman looks at both of us with a surprised look on her face.

Her blonde hair is pin straight and slicked back. She wears a black dress with these shiny diamond heels. It doesn't look like something someone would wear to a dance recital, but who am I to judge.

"Anastasia, it's good to see you again," Evangeline says, embracing the woman. They both release each other and the woman looks at me, her attention stolen by my awkward posture as I wait for both of them to finish talking.

"Oh, who is this?" Anastasia asks.

Evangeline nudges me to move up as she introduces me to this woman. "This is Ambrose, my boyfriend."